Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
>> They may be great internet phenoms when calling down with Q high on-line,but they sure were exploitable on this show IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Jman has posted that he was a $20K winner on the show. Nitty? yes. Bad for TV? Perhaps. Exploitable? Debatable. Winning? Bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

scared to play ... yes!

i didn't call him a nit.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:28 PM

all the jman haters, please describe a hand you think he misplayed. thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so childish... why can't you be critical of a player without being a hater?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:18 PM

JD, what makes you think Jman is scared money? The QQ hand is a standard fold against any of these players.

Guess what, in poker, sometimes you fold what turns out to be the best hand. Has nothing to do with fear, just a normal part of the game.

So Phil wasn't the most exciting player to watch this time around. If he could of played at that table longer I am sure we would of seen many good moves from him and some entertaining hands.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is worldclass? His only fault was not kwowing he had to "sell himself" to get in the next day
Old 10-23-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again i reiterate they are playin full ring and you can't be raising every other hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can! But be prepared for big swings and a negative expectation...Daniel Negreanu will be super nice to you though.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all I dont hate Jman,sbrugby,BA,or any other internet pro's.I respect their games a ton ONLINE.

I am saying their aggro internet reputations were exploited in a big way while playing LIVE on HS poker on television

As to your question ,the QQ hand where he check/called PF I believe?
Checked the Kdxdxd board.

Folded to Sammy F. $1600 BET on a Tc turn?

Could he have played that hand anymore passively than that line?

I mean take a stab at the flop,raise PF,check-raise Sammys turn bet,whatever.....and at the very least ,with Sammy and Eli acting behind him.....he HAS to be way ahead of their ATC range?

Check folding the turn for $1600 is a disgrace,without a fight IMO

Brandon Adams was also was ABUSED last night but, he at least tried to mix it up ,opening some funky hands,but was constantly re-raised bigtime by SF, folding every time except his KK hand to the other nit J.Harman

I mean he never played back at him ONCE!

Whatever the reason was ,dont use the "they only show so many hands" excuse.There was probably 8-10 hrs of realtime play the last two episodes.

Your telling me couldnt make any moves/pick any good spots, over that period of time,with a hand worthy of making the TV cut?

How can one play at the highest nose-bleed stakes online,and fold hand after hand after hand,where even Gabe Kaplan was punishing him as well,after each fold

Pleeeeeeze....IMO he was either financially/emotionally over his head,or he just plain choked!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one's questioning his ability to play. What people are questioning is how he played. If he was playing to make 20k than he did a good job. But if he was playing to have the opportunity to play again on HSP, then he failed miserably. No producer in the world is going to put a no name, quiet, tight player back on TV. It just doesn't produce good television.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harman has played about 5 hands in 4 seasons, Brandon Adams is constantly on camera just folding. Then wowo he 3bets KK and gets everyone to insta muck, what was the point?!
I'd much rather watch someone like Jman play (yes we've only seen him play two hands, but hes got to settle into the game/adjust etc) at least give him a chance.

Wow be more biased. Jman is by far the tightest player at the table. Adams is very tight as well but atleats opened a few times.Harmon has used her tight imagae to her advantage in a few hands. Jman played 2 hands and let farha run him off qq. Try being a little objective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Biased? I don't care who plays, i'd rather see see grim sitting out the HSP table than Harman/Adams failing to get any action. Harman bet 20k as a cbet and everyone laughed; yes she was cbetting but even at the micros people fold to them it's nothing new. She should now use her tight image to make a move rather than just sit quiet. It's getting old.

[ QUOTE ]
ok I am sick of people ripping on the tight players. Its their choice to play tight and maybe thats how they feel they are going to make the most money at the table. You arent *obligated* to play loose just because its TV. I think these particular table conditions warrented much more tight play to win. I think Phil Galfond is playing fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realise one of the ideologies behind HSP was to get a table with alot of action, not just a table with a few fishies lagging it up and some TAG's nitting it up. You know Farha has sub premium hands frigging 3bet him see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
Since I usually only post in BBV, my default is set to "level." So, I assume you're all leveling here. If I'm wrong, and you're not trying to level, I'll set the record straight. I am very sure BB= Brad Booth.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually meat Bobby but w/e Brad would do fine!

I didn't expect anyone to get BB/DB confused. Considering it was my ideal list and all! Nevermind.

I wish they would show a sped up, but unedited version ala PT if you like (so you can click through the hands) seeing all the cards POTRIPPER style so as to judge how the session was played, not just watch 6 or 7 of the ones GSN choose because Hellmuth gets insurance or because Sammy wants more tv time.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is worldclass? His only fault was not kwowing he had to "sell himself" to get in the next day

[/ QUOTE ]

huh???

if he couldn't afford to play day 2 and day 3 that's his decision. he played day 2 like he was afraid.

we have to have all his fanclub telling us how he won 20k. if you sit at a 1/2 nl table and you win 20 bucks... how happy are you? yes .. you did not lose but is 20k at that table really a win? you all can be honest enough to admit .. you were even expecting better play from your guy. now that he even disappointed you all. we all read the posts as he was coming up. you expected so much more.

anyway... this is ridiculous. the guy played, he looked scared, he was done. just watch the spin control you all are trying to run .. that's all