Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Moving from $3-6 Turbos

For the past 2 weeks, I've 20-tabled 10-max $3.40s on Stars with a 16% ROI over ~500 games. I think I have the bankroll now to play $6.50s. How big is the skill gap? I'd really like to move up without taking a discouraging hit in my bankroll.

At the $3.40s, since the players are so bad I'm allowed to only take the really definite pushes (pushing from SB with ATC, button, when blinds are absolutely huge, etc.) but I'm sure I miss some of the marginal pushes. At the $6.50 will this still be true? I'd really like to have a 10% ROI at least over a significant sample.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Moving from $3-6 Turbos

Pushing from SB with ATC isn't a definite push that often, really. As for the button, that's only the case if you're big stack on the bubble and even then not always.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:25 AM

I realize that, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I don't miss when it's an obvious (maybe not necessarily ATC) push from SB, when it's an obvious push with huge blinds from button, etc. I think where I lose some EV is when I'm in the 10-12 BB range, let's say around 75/150-100/200.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:01 PM

um, just take a shot. they are going to be somewhat harder, but probably not a LOT harder, which will usually be the case when moving up 1 level. if things go well, then continue playing them. if things go sour then move back down, work on your game, and try taking another shot later. really no need for a thread on this...
Closed Thread