Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Brag: Perfect prop bet record this weekend vs. degen buddy

So my buddies and I went down to Ottawa this weekend to visit a buddy living there, goto the Habs-Sens game and generally just get wasted.

Prop #1: On the drive down, we started discussing whether Eric Lindros should get into the Hall of Fame. My buddy (RikkiDee on 2p2) claimed that every single Hart trophy winner in history is in the hall of fame. I disputed that fact for $20. Wikipedia FTW on my blackberry, and Al Rollins in 1954 missed it. +$20

Prop #2: We start drinking in Ottawa and my buddy "guarantees" that Kurt Cobain died in 1996 because he remembers some stupid bitch retard girl crying in high school when he died. I claim 1994 and offer $100 prop... he counters with $20, and we settle on $50. Tally: +$70

Prop #3: More drunk, my buddy claims he can name all South American countries in 10 minutes. I lay $10 to his $15. He misses Guyana. Tally: +$85

Prop #4: The degeneracy is coming out, he now claims he can name every single European country. I instantly offer even odds at $20 and he snap calls. After 10 minutes, he's missing Latvia, Serbia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Moldova and Georgia. Tally: +$105

Prop #4: There's a minute left in the tied Leafs-NYR game, and he wants a flipament, so he takes the Leafs, and I take the Rangers for $20 (Leafs suck in shootouts, +ev me). Leafs choke as usual. Tally: +$125

Prop #5: Pretty drunk, we place a bet on who can name the 50 US states the quickest. He misses Massachusetts completely. Tally: +$145

Prop #6: I give him 10:1 odds that Quebec is more populous than British Columbia. He takes BC for $5 and loses. +$150.

We go out to the bars in Ottawa and any prop bets made were lost since we both blacked out by the end of the night. Beat: I went up to the fattest chick in the club and tried to grind her up to make fun of her but she called my bluff and shook me off.

Prop #7: Next day on the ride home, buddy claims he can name 20 of the 23 members of the 500 Home Run club in baseball. He names Jackie Robinson instead of Frank Robinson, and includes a few not on the list. +$170

Variance: he took Miami and I took the Bills at -3 for $20. Bills win 13-10 for a push.

Another brag: Bet $100 on the Sens at -1.5 goals and +165. They score 3 goals in the final 7 minutes including an empty netter to win 3-1.

Beat: I'm a die-hard Leaf fan

Variance: all bets combined are less than a buyin of poker
Old 11-12-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Brag: Perfect prop bet record this weekend vs. degen buddy

i have a friend like this...you have to take the worst of it sometimes in order to ensure future action...i usually try to keep it around 75% prop bet win rate against him
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a friend like this...you have to take the worst of it sometimes in order to ensure future action...i usually try to keep it around 75% prop bet win rate against him

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad part is that on almost all these bets, he came up with the bet and I just took the action.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM

NERDS
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Prop #4: The degeneracy is coming out, he now claims he can name every single European country. I instantly offer even odds at $20 and he snap calls. After 10 minutes, he's missing Latvia, Serbia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Moldova and Georgia. Tally: +$105

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia is not in Europe... it's in Asia.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM

^ As a transcontinental country, Georgia may be considered to be in Asia and/or Europe. The UN classification of world regions places Georgia in Western Asia; the CIA World Factbook [2], National Geographic, and Encyclopędia Britannica also place Georgia in Asia. Conversely, numerous sources place Georgia in Europe such as the BBC [3], Oxford Reference Online [4], Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, and www.worldatlas.com.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia is not in Europe... it's in Asia.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:48 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...c=#Post12928213

So your friend posted his 0/10?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Yeah I had no idea he posted it as well.

And Georgia I agree is debateable, but it didn't make a difference in the end.