Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: CFB Early Lines Thread (week of 10/8)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the Badgers resorting to the air and that being a good thing. 2+ picks is a given if Wisconsin has to throw the ball 40 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, that's 40 times for 392 yds,2 TD's. Wis. had the ball a full 8 minutes longer than illinois, indicating extraodinary domination of the game, since it was PASSING THE BALL. Wis. scored it's first 3 pts down 17-0 with 3.52 remaining in the half. illinois scored twice more, once following an int, as i recall, but perhaps twice owing to int's. i do not have a break down by halves of Ill.'s yardage, but the initial scoring burst by Ill. included the preponderance of Mendenhall's rushing (1st half, 100/160 total, ball in wis's possession throughout last 7 minutes of quarter). That pretty much echoes my statement above.

[ QUOTE ]
The big ten criticisms of dynamic offenses, in general though, is an old, tired and incorrect statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, the annihilation of the two premier big ten programs by fla. and usc last year in post season certainly demonstrates how fast and well equipped these teams were to handle the SEC and Pac 10. because a statement is stale, old, and cliched does not rob it thereby of its wisdom. if you havent perceived the enormous gap that has opened between the other major conferences and the big ten, let me advise this mantra: appalachian state. appalachian state. appalachian state.

as to the mizzou material: what manner of interpretation it requires to question the domination of mizzou in that game is beyond me. to this i can only state, after 2 and 1/2 quarters, mizzou 37, illinois 13. 359 yds and 3 TDs through the air. i call this "scoring at will". i will concede the punt return and kickoff return as points. but those occured against an obviously poorly prepared special teams, and underscore the AT WILL portion of my statement. perhaps you regard 4th quarter scores into a relaxed opponent good effort. you're in fine company, Nebraska does too, they like their 21 pts vs usc before their wildly ecstatic fans.

snearing and pontificating are really wonderful substitutes for astute judgment; i wish you good luck in your plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahhahahaha....I believe my post had a ton of facts...did you not read the drive-by-drive breakdown of the Mizzou offense v Illinois (where Mizzou scored on one of their first 5 drives, 2 of their first 7, and 3 of first 11--at will? LOL)...did you see the game was 37-34 with Mizzou having the ball 4 more times where they put up a whopping 3 points? This wasn't a garbage time comeback... The comeback was complete 1 minute into the fourth.

Over the final 3 quarters verse Wisconsin, Illinois had 7 possessions; 3 were for over 70 yards and TDs! Another was over 40 and a FG. Another was over 30 yards. These were not short-field drives. This was total domination by the Illinois run game from opening whistle to last whistle. Sure, Mendenhall dropped from 100 in the first half to 60 in the second. Big deal. Dufrene ran for 20 in the second half and Juice ran for 60. Do you not see how these teams are passing on Illinois because they cannot run? Still, their average per pass attempt is nothing extraordinary compared to the NCAA average.
Time of possession is pretty meaningless. Illinois runs a no-huddle the majority of the game.

onto the big11ten insult:
Seeing as the big11ten teams at hand are Wisconsin and Penn St, I suggest you remember their bowl performances. Wisconsin BEAT Arkansas. Penn ST BEAT Tennessee. (Note: this is the shortened version. I just went through this on the sporting events forum where I pointed out the Big11Ten is 8-6 v the SEC in bowl games the last 5 years with a lower finish Big11Ten team playing a higher finish SEC team more often than not.) The gap is not very big and largely a figment of a media that likes to write trite, superficial level articles instead of really dissecting anything.

I'm merely correcting factual errors I think you are making. Sorry if that comes off as snearing and pontificating.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM

I bet mt2r gets tired first.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM

Odds?

- C -
Old 10-10-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, no web page...stuff I read in premium chat rooms on the scout site for both Illinois and Iowa

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mind divulging how many premium Scout boards are you on? Is it mostly for handicapping reasons, or just because you're a fan? (I realize why you have an Illinois membership obv. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... I have no life

what's cool is that rivals has a more encompassing big11ten chat channel

(umm...off the record is that there are groups of people that share membership info to save out on the absolute ripoff some of these things are alone)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forget that I like to get riled up and argue on the internet for no good reason
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you forget that I like to get riled up and argue on the internet for no good reason

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, like when you tried to tell me Illini > UNC for Nat'l title recently. You guys won the weakest BCS league, had the refs help v Zona [one of the worst final 5 mins I've ever seen, ever], and still thought you were a great team.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 PM

I don't recall Illinois shooting a single free throw the last 13 minutes of that game verse Arizona

off shooting night v UNC
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, and Villanova had an off shooting nite v Florida last year too.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 PM

I mean...the team did have Deron Williams--he's looked pretty good
Luther Head has had a decent two years with the Rockets
Dee Brown did ok as a rookie
Augustine found some bench time
Powell dominated the NBDL

not sure how I could ever think they were a damn good college team

also, believe the Illini were tied at 65 and at 70 with UNC in that game late. Illinois was 12 out of 35 from 3s with it 70-70. Luther Head missed really, really good looks on the next two possessions IIRC. Illinois hit 0 of 5 down the stretch. so it goes... Turned out the injury at the beginning of the year to Brian Randle was probably what Illinois lacked.

I admit that UNC's defense deserves some credit. However, Illinois was 12 of 35 from 3 and then missed two wide-open ones.

Don't know how one prepares for Felton going 4 out of 5 from three??? That was the unexpected performance that made the final difference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I highly resent that Arizona thing. No one said a thing at the time, but it's a story that has somehow grown under their whiny ass coach. Illinois got no free throws to aid in that comeback. The Illini just got on a good streak of 3-pointers. That happens when a team puts up 30 of them.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've added on to my position.

Illinois -3.5 @ Iowa bet 3.15u to win 3u
with the previous wager, that makes the total bet on the game
Illinois -3.5 @ Iowa bet 5.15u to win 5u

I see the lines moving more toward Illinois and I don't expect it to move back, so I grabbed Illini -3.5 while I still could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illinois -3 @ -110 at 5 dimes now