Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

does seif have email? i bet if 1,000 2+2ers sent him a mail he might come up with those hand histories
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM

Let's clarify some stuff.....

Everyone is totally puissed off at Absolute for covering their asses during this scandal.

While trashing Absolute and everyone possibly associated with them continues to be the "hot topic" here, there are still thousands of players dropping "rake" to Absolute, totally ignorant of the situation or playing there even though they know what has been transpiring. These are the villains who should be flamed here. The fact that AP has not suffered a significant loss in players up to this point should be pissing you off huge! The only way to make AP pay attention is by disrupting their cashflow.

There are also hundreds of affiliates and forums who are ignoring the story. Start flaming them in your posts. These people are still unaware or just don't care. The affiliates who are still promoting AP are the real "scumbags" in all this.

While I agree that the situation has been handled terribly by AP up to this point, it is exactly what any company would do! The first rule is denial, then blame someone else, then find a disposable scapegoat, then admit partial truths but continue spinning the story to contain the damage. The people you guys are flaming, attacking and pointing fingers at are just doing their jobs. Protect your employer, protect your job. Protect the bottom line.

If Nat, Adanthar, Dan, Josem and the rest of our heroes do have more evidence to submit (when the timing is right) and if this evidence has enough teeth in it, we may yet see AP go down in flames. In the short term, hurting AP's cash flow is the only punishment we have the power to meat out. Put half as much effort into "getting the word out" as you put into "hating Scott Tom" and it should be easy to cripple AP.

OK, the flaming can start now....
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM

To those who may think that the answer lies with the KGC yanking AP's license, consider that, if they do, we all might see how ineffectual that move might actually be. That would then damage KGC's credibility. That is why it will never happen.

edit: But keep putting pressure on them anyway, and eventually a few more people will realize KGC is a paper tiger.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Hmmm... it seems the contest was held by Ultimate Bet on Sept. 1:

http://www.pokerbonuscodes.co.uk/200.../win-a-bmw-m5/

Win A BMW M5

UltimateBet is putting a contest in response to Phil Hellmuth’s 11th WSOP* bracelet. The BMW M5 has 500hp and a fantastic interior with paddle shifting prowess. I own an M5, so I have personal experience with my 400hp beast. However, the lastest model trumps mine. I saw two gorgeous white and anthracite models last night at a popular steak house. The winner of this tournament won’t win a car, but will win a 1 year lease of a BMW M5.

The ULTIMATE Driving Machine Freeroll will take place on Saturday, September 1st at 4pm ET.
Qualifying will begin on Sunday July 29th at 00:01ET and run through 23:59ET on Sunday, August 26th. Limit one entry per player

The Prizes
1st - BMW M5
2nd - $3,000.00
3rd - $2,500.00
4th - $1,500.00
5th - $1,250.00
6th - $750.00
7th - 10th $500.00

However, Ultimate Bet apparently never issued a press release announcing the winners, as far as I can find on Google.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 AM

cliffnotes anyone?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Win A BMW M5

UltimateBet is putting a contest in response to Phil Hellmuth’s 11th WSOP* bracelet. The BMW M5 has 500hp and a fantastic interior with paddle shifting prowess. I own an M5, so I have personal experience with my 400hp beast. However, the lastest model trumps mine. I saw two gorgeous white and anthracite models last night at a popular steak house. The winner of this tournament won’t win a car, but will win a 1 year lease of a BMW M5.

The ULTIMATE Driving Machine Freeroll will take place on Saturday, September 1st at 4pm ET.
Qualifying will begin on Sunday July 29th at 00:01ET and run through 23:59ET on Sunday, August 26th. Limit one entry per player

The Prizes
1st - BMW M5
2nd - $3,000.00
3rd - $2,500.00
4th - $1,500.00
5th - $1,250.00
6th - $750.00
7th - 10th $500.00

However, Ultimate Bet apparently never issued a press release announcing the winners, as far as I can find on Google.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, didn't someone from 2+2 win the car?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Win A BMW M5

The Prizes
1st - BMW M5
2nd - $3,000.00
3rd - $2,500.00
4th - $1,500.00
5th - $1,250.00
6th - $750.00
7th - 10th $500.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, didn't someone from 2+2 win the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

mrtimcaum won it http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

Don't go looking for things that aren't there.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 AM

This was posted on a forum not UB's official site.
Check the typo's in the dates for the qualifiers too.

Not sure this is much evidence to go on....

[ QUOTE ]

Win A BMW M5

The Prizes
1st - BMW M5
2nd - $3,000.00
3rd - $2,500.00
4th - $1,500.00
5th - $1,250.00
6th - $750.00
7th - 10th $500.00

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 AM

This thread seems to be wandering further from the topic. The AP statement appears to be more spin, so what is expected next? Do we wait for the investigation to finish and see what they say next? If they continue to wiggle is their an effective way to widen the publicity while maintaining the focus that this problem exists soley at AP?

Has anyone heard either officially or unofficially from FTP or Stars on this issue?

Thanks,
Cro
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are still thousands of players dropping "rake" to Absolute, totally ignorant of the situation or playing there even though they know what has been transpiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why ppl are still playing there? i think most of the ppl who are still playing there are ppl who are not aware of this situation. There hasnt been sufficient news coverage about this in the mass media yet and may never will. US media is busy covering Paris Hilton and war in Iraq.
I dont play at AP or UB and after that i never will no meter the outcome of their "investigation".
And i told all my friends about it and posted the note on Facebook. I hope that if everyone here pases the word about it to their friends, family and coworkers eventually AP will go down.
Closed Thread