Villain: 40/14/3 (36) 60% bet river

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $51.22
SB: $69.25
BB: $90.45
UTG: $11.74
Hero (CO): $49.25

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, BB calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $11.50</font>

What do you think about my line?
What should I do at river?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: NL50: Valuebet at river with TPMK

Im most concerned about my betsize
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM

i'd look him up. you were checking turn to induce a value bet from him on the river?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM

I'd rather bet the Ace on the turn. I think you're missing out on some value by not doing so.

As played I'd all his river RR.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:50 PM

Definitely bet the turn. As played, bet the river much bigger than you did; make it at least $7.5 there. I'd probably look him up here, it seems odd that a player as aggressive as 40 VPIP 3 AF would check three streets with a hand that beats one pair. He'll have like 65s for a straight here some of the time, but this guy is really aggressive and probably just "smelled weakness" with your small river bet and wanted to push you off.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM

you should be bet/folding this river. I'd be like 8 or 9 though. 3 is terrible imo.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:10 AM

ATo sucks, don't raise it p.f
this is why. becuase you don't know if he has AJ/AQ, and if he does you're totally done. i want to say you have to call the river, becuase you bet soo small. either don't bet, or bet at least half pot. i don't really know what he likely has in his range, maybe like a pair of eights, or possibly a competing pair of aces, maybe 44, possibly 78 that he was trying to c/r with on the turn. i don't know. his range is pretty wide, so its hard to tell.

so fold pf, but in the situation, just check river and call a decent sized bet.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 AM

I raise A10 from the CO all day...I'll even raise much weaker aces from the CO and sometimes all aces from the button...the trick is to abuse position and not get attached to your pair of aces.

I often check this turn here...he isn't going to be calling with much worse, and you have a pretty good idea where you stand by his river action..he can't really expect you to bet so he will define the strength of his hand. He he leaves river I usually just call unless its a large pot..thats usually "oh [censored] turn check raise failed gotta make up for missed value!!" I don't really mind the small river bet here...maybe a little large like $5 but betting 2/3 - PSB isn't really going to get you a lot of value. $5 can get calls from a pair of 8s or 7s.

I end up calling this raise on the river because our hand is underrepresented, it looks like a weak bluff or maybe a scared JJ trying to get value. Our cbet flop and check turn line is rather weak and I doubt villain would try to slowplay a big hand on the river because we check behind here a lot, I expect too see a lot of random hands on the river.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:14 AM

Bet the turn!

To be honest i dont really like your line Unless you purposely set up turn and river to induce a bluff on the river?!?!

river: i don't know why you bet so small on the river. You made things alot more complicated for yourself methinks.

As played i think CALL. As played, chances are that villain thinks you were C betting with over cards on the flop, checked turn with KQ then tried to take a stab with 89, 9T, 67, worse aces (though there aren't many).
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 AM

Bet/fold every street. As played you bet so small on river I don't think folding is much of an option though. You bet less than on the flop, this player is ridic aggro. If you bet that small it should be to induce a raise and call. I'd prefer just to bet every street 2/3 pot or w/e and fold to a raise.

Once in a while, especially if you've been at the table long enough I like to do this as well because they should see you betting flops and giving up after the turn. Just to implant doubt in their mind that you can still show up with a hand this is a fine line. Except the $3 bet, I don't know about that part... an amount less likely to be raised is preferable IMO but I honestly don't have a problem with the hand as long as you called.