Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM

Default 400NL- TPTK on dry board vs. very weird line...

Villain is a 42/26/2 regular. I'm sure he's a losing player.
He doesn't go out of line postflop though generally so he isn't as spewy as his PF stats.

I don't really know what his limping range is, didn't have a note about it so I guess those hands don't go to showdown very often.

I'm playing 23/20/3

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$155.40</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$476.10</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$899.40</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$529.50</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$334.22</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$485.73</font>)

Pre-flop: ($6, 6 players) Hero is CO K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $4, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, SB calls $18, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $16

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($64, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $42</font>, Hero calls $42, <font color="#777777">SB folds</font>

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($148, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $111</font>, Hero calls $111

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($370, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $303.1</font>, Hero ??

I have a lot of trouble putting him on a hand...

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: 400NL- TPTK on dry board vs. very weird line...

I would fold the river. You could even debate folding the turn, but you do have a gutter and possibly still the best hand, so calling is fine.

If villain is capable of limp/calling AT/AJ type of hands it's very possible he has this. 33 is also likely, otherwise it's a complete bluff, but since he isn't as spewy postflop as preflop I think this is very unlikely on a board that may have hit your range pretty good.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:06 AM

I have no idea what he has but i reraise this flop everytime for that reason.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the river. You could even debate folding the turn, but you do have a gutter and possibly still the best hand, so calling is fine.

If villain is capable of limp/calling AT/AJ type of hands it's very possible he has this. 33 is also likely, otherwise it's a complete bluff, but since he isn't as spewy postflop as preflop I think this is very unlikely on a board that may have hit your range pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget A3. A 42 vpip can easily show up with A3 here, especially if it's suited. Otherwise, I totally agree with your assessment.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Veron,

I need better stats or reads here. Aggression by street? Donk-betting %'s? Do we have a significant sample for these things?

I'm ok with calling the flop if you don't think he will pay off with worse if you raise, but I somehow doubt this. I'd raise the flop to $150ish with the intention of getting this in against most bad players.

What exactly is a 42/26 regular? I mean is he actually a 6-tabling on 4 hours a day, regular? I'd find that very hard to believe that he wouldn't be spewing money that way.

If he is just a very, very loose good player, then this river is an easy fold. I'm just not quite exactly sure what our specific read is on this guy. How many hands do we have on him?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Veron,

I need better stats or reads here. Aggression by street? Donk-betting %'s? Do we have a significant sample for these things?

I'm ok with calling the flop if you don't think he will pay off with worse if you raise, but I somehow doubt this. I'd raise the flop to $150ish with the intention of getting this in against most bad players.

What exactly is a 42/26 regular? I mean is he actually a 6-tabling on 4 hours a day, regular? I'd find that very hard to believe that he wouldn't be spewing money that way.

If he is just a very, very loose good player, then this river is an easy fold. I'm just not quite exactly sure what our specific read is on this guy. How many hands do we have on him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input, I should have been more specific I guess.

I have 800 hands on villain. I'm new to this site so I don't know that much about him but he's 3/4 tabling the 400NL games (those games are very soft) and I've seen him doing this on 3 different days.

PF AF: 1.2
Flop AF: 4.4
Turn AF: 3
Rvr AF: 3

His C/R % is 1.3

There's not much more I have on him...

The reason I didn't raise the flop was that I didn't want to shut the 3rd player out who's a huge station and would have overcalled with any piece.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:09 AM

Have you ever seen him donkbet before? Any hands that have gone to showdown that make you think he might be a good player or a big donator?

I now see that you view him as probably a loser in this game. Given his high pre-flop raise %, I'm inclined to not believe he has TT, AA, AT, or 33 here. I guess A3 is the only real big possibility.

I'm really leaning towards calling both the turn and river here given what I feel I can guage about this player, but I'm still not 100% with a read yet. Might call here just to see how he is playing if I'm going to be playing this much with him. Something in reading this thread is just making me think he is a hyper-aggro fish.