Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: USA to win the World Cup

ofr those interested in numbers - brazil will be the champion. magic number for WC is 3964. here's why:
- argentina WC in 1986 & 1978 (=3964)
- germany WC in 1990 & 1974 (=3964)
- brazil WC in 1994 & 1970 (=3964)
- france WC in 1998 & england 1966 (=3964; both won championship once only)
- brazil WC in 2002 & 1962 (=3964)
- brazil WC in 2006 & 1958 (=3964)
Old 06-04-2006, 08:25 AM

Do you serious think the US will win the WC.....?????
Italy: ofcourse they have the scandal going on right now, but I don't think it will affect them that much that they won't be playing good anymore, and I do see them advance.
Ghana: no idea
Chech Republic: You really shouldn't underestimate this team at all. They have a very solid squad who can make it far as well.
But let's just say they do advance, than they'll either face Brazil, Australia or Croatia...in my mind those three teams are the most likely, and maybe Japan has a chance of advancing as well, who knows. And Australia, I see them as the dark horse for the tournament, one of the reason's being, they have a great great coach, Guss Hiddink, who already brought theNetherlands and Sotuh Korea to the semi finals.
The most likely opponent for the US in the 2nd stage is Brazil, that means they're out.....Even IF they cause a major upset they'll still have to play against some strong to very strong teams, I just do't think they can pull off 3 or 4 consecutive upsets.

And about the group of death: why don't you look at group C
Old 06-04-2006, 08:32 AM

I don't see how this is a fun bet. Lose, lose, tie. Peace out $50. That was fun.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:34 PM

The US just isn't prepared for the level of competition they are going to face in Group E. Venezuela and Costa Rica are a far cry from Italy and the Czechs. Ghana is probably the best African team in the field. I liked their chances to advance until I saw the draw a few months back. Not to mention everything they're going to have to deal with off the field, with security concerns and playing in a country that frankly doesn't like them very much.

If you're looking for value in the WC futures market, I would look no further than Group E. Czech Republic is at +3161 on Pinny to win the WC. A pretty decent price for a team ranked in the top 5, with a lot of experience against world-class competition. Plus they'll be playing in their own continent which has historically been an advantage.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention everything they're going to have to deal with off the field, with security concerns and playing in a country that frankly doesn't like them very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do mention. I'd like to know whatever that might be.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:09 PM

The fact that the bet is on TradeSports is why I actually kinda like it. Maybe if the United States DOES make it out of the group, the price will jump fairly significantly. I don't really study TS in any serious way, so I could be wrong.

P.S. Sadat X, the USA is also ranked in the top five.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A pretty decent price for a team ranked in the top 5, with a lot of experience against world-class competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Czechs beat Holland, Germany and Denmark in the European Championship. The Americans most impressive win outside the US was a 1-0 win over Poland early this year. If you want to believe that the US is better than Portugal, France, Argentina, Holland and Italy that's up to you. I personally wouldn't put too much stock in the #5 ranking.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A pretty decent price for a team ranked in the top 5, with a lot of experience against world-class competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Czechs beat Holland, Germany and Denmark in the European Championship. The Americans most impressive win outside the US was a 1-0 win over Poland early this year. If you want to believe that the US is better than Portugal, France, Argentina, Holland and Italy that's up to you. I personally wouldn't put too much stock in the #5 ranking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can get +105 on the Czechs to beat the US in their group play match. Should be easy money, right?
Old 06-05-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, you can get +105 on the Czechs to beat the US in their group play match. Should be easy money, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a unit on this, hedged with a third on draw at +225. The way the US came out last WC against Portugal makes me a little uneasy, but I don't think the Czechs are going to take the Americans as lightly as Portugal did. Also, this should play like a home game for CZE, considering the geography.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did actually notice that part. Notice I did not comment on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My point is that success against good teams matters so much more than the ranking that it's almost pointless to mention the ranking.

I thought of the Portugal game, but I see that you commented on it. I think this U.S. team is stronger than the last one, not that Portugal ever does anything anyway, though they were like the hot team in 2002.

I'm surprised the price is as low as +105. I suppose draws make up a pretty significant fraction of the predicted results.

All that said, the United States is winning the World Cup, baby.

As for your bets, I like you but hope you lose them.

P.S. I JUST SAW SOMETHING ABOUT HOW BAROS HAS A TINGLING FOOT OR SOMETHING
USA USA USA USA USA USA