Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Need Bankroll Management Help

Gee buzz you need to chill with the edits man, I feel like I'm on Poker Stars...I didn't know I wasn't allowed to poke fun at myself and suggest that Dave should roll around in a pool of 100s if he felt too razzed...
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM

Who the hell is this Davebreal that you guys are talking of?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... suggest that Dave should roll around in a pool of Pokerstars stressballs if he felt too razzed

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell is this Davebreal that you guys are talking of?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's part of that exclusive "21 and over group", unlike yourself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Here is the link to a BR discussion. I would like to hear if anybody has changed their thinking on this http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ue#Post7245829

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that these are decent guidelines if you are new to te game. if you end up playing 6-max or heads-up, then these might be too conservative for you.

being responsible enough to move down is extremely important too.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... suggest that Dave should roll around in a pool of Pokerstars stressballs if he felt too razzed

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please Dave, I know you are WAY more balla than that!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Kuso also makes a good point...As you move up you will find the games play much different...Over the past few days I have played everything from $50-$400 buy-ins...

From my experience, the $50s and $100s play fairly similarly (unless you get stuck at a $100 table with a bunch of regulars, doesn't happen too, too often but it does happen)...

The $200s are a step up from the $50s and $100s...

The $400s, I haven't played near enough hands to even fathom a comment on how these play in comparision to the $200s...
Old 08-17-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee buzz you need to chill with the edits man, I feel like I'm on Poker Stars...I didn't know I wasn't allowed to poke fun at myself and suggest that Dave should roll around in a pool of 100s if he felt too razzed...

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="green">Omaha8s – I don’t recall that as being exactly all of what I edited out of your post, but no matter. I’m not going to quibble about it.

In a way moderating this forum is like chairing a committee. A good committee chair keeps the committee members on track dealing with the business of the committee. Our business, on this forum is dealing with issues related to our mutual Omaha-8 success. As moderator, I am trying to keep us on track.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your remarks. At the time it seemed to me that you were having fun at Dave’s expense. And if you do that, then it should be all right for Dave to turn things around and have fun at your expense. And then things snowball and we stray from the purpose of this forum.

Indeed, whether or not your remarks were at Dave’s expense, they certainly were off track. The opening poster asked for help with bankroll management, a topic that has been well and ably discussed over and over on this forum.

I like to have fun and I want you to have fun. I truly don’t want to put a damper on your fun. However, as moderator, I want us to stay focused.

Whenever I edit someone’s post, I’m making a judgment call. It’s a bit like a football referee deciding if a cornerback is guilty of pass interference or not – or like a baseball umpire deciding if the runner beat the tag or not. It’s not always very clear-cut.

I apologize if I stepped on your toes this time.

Buzz</font>
Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I edit someone’s post, I’m making a judgment call. It’s a bit like a football referee deciding if a cornerback is guilty of pass interference or not – or like a baseball umpire deciding if the runner beat the tag or not. It’s not always very clear-cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are mostly 20-30 yr old wiseasses on this forum and we enjoy kidding around often, and although i wasn't insulted by the post, i guess you are right that we need a bit of order from time to time.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are mostly 20-30 yr old wiseasses

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself, little boy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]