Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:16 PM

Default K7s - 4handed flop plan

Fret was sweating me earlier & asked if I'd post this hand.

Button - 35/18
BB - 80/0 huge fish

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero?
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: K7s - 4handed flop plan

C/R
Old 05-25-2007, 10:32 PM

BET SO BUTTON WILL PROTECT YOUR HAND.

i would c/r for value, especially since bb will call with all kinds of crap (right?).
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Right. Those are the two possible lines: either c/r the field, trap everyone for two and risk getting 3bet by Btn, or, donk so that btn will raise and hopefully force BB out.

Since BB will basically never raise Btn's c-bet, we gain no additional info by c/r'ing in the way that we might fold if it's two back to us. So, basically we decide now on a line and "after the smoke" clears look what happened.

Right now, Btns range is huge, a lot of which we beat. Since Btns range becomes more defined the more bets go in, we'd rather keep his range relatively amorphous and "hazy", because we have a good chance of having the best hand vs. this range. Thus, we don't want to call a 3bet, but we shouldn't worry about it right now, since as of yet, there's no evidence suggesting he'd 3bet.

So, what all of this comes down to is the question of whether it's good for us that BB will call along or not. Since we're seeing a sd vs. Btn anyway, we might or might not maximize our EV against him, but we can't "improve" our hand against him. We can only try to get BB out or we can try to keep him in.

And I couln't figure out, which we want more. "By the book", we have a weak made hand that suffers from reverse implied odds and likes being HU. On the other hand, BB will call everything including 72o all the way. In short: is our hand strong enough to keep it multiway?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 AM

Fret, the few factors that I feel r important here:

- ppl will tend to 3bet a lot of hands, esp A hi ones, in this situation PF.
- I feel we are in pretty good shape here
- BB is a complete donk &amp; could possibly still call 2, but since he will have any old junk I don't mind keeping him in.
- we don't know if OTB will raise us
- we have a BDFD

Also I don't feel that we "have" to get to SD, if OTB pops us on the turn I'm pretty comfortable with releasing UI on the river.

Plus since its 4 handed I believe players tend to be more SD bound therefore I &lt;3 the idea of a c/r here.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:13 AM

check and see.... if BB calls i raise if BB folds i call.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:50 AM

I think the goal IS to get to showdown here. If BB comes along well that is fine. If villain 3-bets with A-hi that is faaaantastic.