Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Re: In your estimation, is 10NL real poker?

[ QUOTE ]
but
is usefull to play in those games??
sometimes i think that in the effort to beat NL10, i can learn NOTHING to beat higher levels, where the money IS money...

[/ QUOTE ]

Level? Your spelling would indicate its not...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 AM

Can it be profitable to play a 10/5 ish style on FR 25NL, multitabling?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but
is usefull to play in those games??
sometimes i think that in the effort to beat NL10, i can learn NOTHING to beat higher levels, where the money IS money...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can learn the mechanics of the game. Board reading, bet sizing etc... Money wise your obviously not going to earn as much, if you are a winning player, as you can at higher levels. It really depends on what you can afford to play. If you can afford 15-20 buy-ins at NL25 I would probably start there. The play isn't that much different.

[ QUOTE ]
Can it be profitable to play a 10/5 ish style on FR 25NL, multitabling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, don't know how profitable. There are a lot of players that will pay you off still because they aren't paying attention.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A higher percentage of your total profit comes from raising and cbetting with air at $50nl+ than is necessary at <$10nl imo, you tend to have a higher winrate at lower stake games because you get paid off alot lighter when you have a hand with alot of showdown value rather than having to force the issue imo.

Before i started this challenge i played $100+ around 14/9/3 but have found raising and cbetting with nothing dosnt work enough to be profitable for me at lower stakes.

I play 12 tables so maybe i play a little tighter because of it but thats my opinion.

I'm sure i'm missing value by not raising in some spots but i dont think it's worth the hassle while 12 tabling tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that at the 10NL level, because everyone once to be the next WPT champion, im getting my big hands(AK,AQ,KQ,QQ,JJ)called down and reraised on any and every street. Its as if everyone once to play sheriff and slow you down?

I was getting some excellent advice tonight from a winning player on 2p2 as a result of this thread so it helps to post. Now, I just need to learn how to combat players who bet into my AK on every flop from the EP.

ex. I raise AK from button after two limpers. Limpers call my .50-.60 raise.

FLOP is T72 and OOP player leads into my with like $1.5-$2! Now, I am forced to decide whether i am donating or should i call them down?

I was telling someone on AIM tonite, that I saw Bottomset's video and his big hand, AJ+, etc were like 70+% winners. My PT stats are in the 30s! wtf My postflop play is horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]

please link to bottomset's video thx
Old 10-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately right now I only have a Stars account, so I don't know if games are different at other sites.

One day, I decided to try multi-tabling. Since I usually play 25NL, I dedided to drop down to do this, but the Plrs/Flop numbers on 10NL actually looked tighter than on 25NL, so I dropped down to 5NL.

I have been using that stat for game selection just because it seemed like I should. I don't know if that is the right way to go about it, though, so I would be interested in thoughts on that.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
please link to bottomset's video thx

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, there were 3 of them in the last couple days:

bottomset, 1st and 2nd video (25NL)
bottomset, 3rd video (50NL)

btw, they're awesome
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 PM

I play 1/2 at the boats in East Chicago regularly, and the .05/.10 game online is very similar. Live play is much worse than on line on the weekends when the drunks and ESPN TV players try their hand at “this poker thing”.
Then why haven’t I retired off of these live idiots? Three reasons (1) Live variance is a monster, and I mean a MONSTER (2) Far fewer hands per hour provide fewer opportunities for these Doyle Jr.’s to make bad plays (or for hero to flop a set and stack someone, a guaranteed occurrence, they NEVER lay down TP live) (3) Stack size difference makes getting donkeyed much more painful live vs. on line…i.e.…getting stacked at .05/.10 on line costs 10 bucks, vs. getting rivered live costing 200-300
bucks.

PS…I played at Borgota in AC over the summer while on vacation, and I thought the play was only marginally better than here in Chicago.