Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 01:52 PM

Default 2 AA hands

both villian are very loose fish with medium aggression
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, Hero....

Final Pot:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (17.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot:
Old 01-02-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: 2 AA hands

Hand 1: Bet the turn.

Hand 2: Even if you can't bring yourself to fold the flop, at least fold the turn.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM

Hand 1 plays differently had you bet out on the turn. As it is I have no idea what you're ahead of aside from a pure bluff and a zany A3 or something so I'd likely fold.

Hand 2 seems like a pretty clear fold when you're facing two cold on the turn after CO very passively called/cold-called on the flop and preflop. I don't hate calling the flop, as UTG's actions preflop mean you're likely only behind to AdKd and maybe TT.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: Even if you can't bring yourself to fold the flop, at least fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on this flop is pretty damn bad IMO. UTG has no reason to believe his KK isn't good.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:56 PM

Hand 1:
I would bet the turn. I think checking it when the board pairs, but no one has shown strength yet (if Villain had a Ten, he would have TP on the flop) is playing too fearful. Yes, someone could have the Ten. They could also be on a flush draw, a straight draw, have a pair of 9s or even a lower pocket pair. If raised, then reassess depending upon the action.

On the river, ehhhhh, I probably call, though I am now more concerned about trips. Unfortunately, I'm made more unsure because of how it was played on the turn. In other words, your failure to bet on the turn may have caused a reaction from Villain which now makes it harder to read his hand. A turn bet would have clarified his hand most likely.

Hand 2:
I play pf and flop the same way. Turn is more difficult. CO has coldcalled 3 times now, and then raised the turn. Given his pf strength in particular, I put him on AA, KK, or TT, or possibly 99. Obviously, we're worried about the latter two possibilities. UTG raised, capped pf, then bet, 3-bet flop. I actually put him on an identical range as CO. So, in sum I'm most worried about a set but think high pocket pairs are also pretty likely, thus I think you can call down. I definitely would not have folded the river in this huge pot -- you only need to be good about 5% of the time and you have a decent hand.

EDIT: After reading other posts, I think I misread CO's likely range in Hand 2. I doubt he would make his initial coldcall with AA-KK. He would make it possibly with TT or 99. This means that I think you're certainly beat by the turn given CO's coming alive, and would ditch the hand then.

(Edited for typos)