Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Official Poker Site/Network Tracking thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the merge gaming network (poker.com). I noticed that since may 22 there are suddenly a lot less players on that network. Is there a reason for that ? Did they ban americans ?

[/ QUOTE ]

They definately dropped about 200 players/day, I haven't seen anything that would explain it.

Anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

They still peak around 400-450. I see no drastic change like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... maybe Scout changed his algorithm for what counts on Merge?

Thx for noting that.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question about the merge gaming network (poker.com). I noticed that since may 22 there are suddenly a lot less players on that network. Is there a reason for that ? Did they ban americans ?

[/ QUOTE ]

They definately dropped about 200 players/day, I haven't seen anything that would explain it.

Anyone have any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

They still peak around 400-450. I see no drastic change like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... maybe Scout changed his algorithm for what counts on Merge?

Thx for noting that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scout tracked down the problem and fixed it shortly after this discussion.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 PM

Just noticed this today... and my #'s and scouts #'s both agree....

Full Tilt is now the 2nd largest network by avg players for the last week.

Party still peaks higher, but FT has a higher "base" (or whatever you want to call the opposite of peak).

Huge news IMO, and I don't see this rank reverting, based on FT's steady growth.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Huge news IMO, and I don't see this rank reverting, based on FT's steady growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how they do in the SERPS. They're using some spammy techniques to get to the top of " online poker " in google. They could get penalized but either way they're still doing great right now.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 AM

I don't know what you're referring to with the spammy techniques but I'd be very surprised if FT owes the majority of the growth to SEO.

- Their TV ads are very popular and they seem to be the major US advertiser (no figures to back that up)
- They have an almost "branded" show on a US network, NBC
- They came out immediately after the UIGEA with an open statement about US players
- They were the 2nd largest network to remain open to US players, which means a lot for people with multiple accounts moving from Stars/Party to Stars/X
- They have 20+ name pros endorsing the site, both on worldwide TV and online
Old 06-26-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what you're referring to with the spammy techniques but I'd be very surprised if FT owes the majority of the growth to SEO.

- Their TV ads are very popular and they seem to be the major US advertiser (no figures to back that up)
- They came out immediately after the UIGEA with an open statement about US players
- They were the 2nd largest network to remain open to US players, which means a lot for people with multiple accounts moving from Stars/Party to Stars/X

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its no doubt the above mentioned are the biggest factors for their growth. But they risk ALOT when they spam for top spots for "online poker" which gets about 300-500 thousand hits in Google per month. If Google were to penalize them severly...you probably wouldnt be able to find them even looking for "Full Tilt Poker"....it happened to Party poker.

By spammy tactics I mean buying links on very spammy sites and actually spamming forums. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its no doubt the above mentioned are the biggest factors for their growth. But they risk ALOT when they spam for top spots for "online poker" which gets about 300-500 thousand hits in Google per month. If Google were to penalize them severly...you probably wouldnt be able to find them even looking for "Full Tilt Poker"....it happened to Party poker.

By spammy tactics I mean buying links on very spammy sites and actually spamming forums. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples of what you are talking about?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt is now the 2nd largest network by avg players for the last week.

Party still peaks higher, but FT has a higher "base" (or whatever you want to call the opposite of peak).

[/ QUOTE ]

illunious, thx for pointing this out.

It was really only a matter of time, as the sites that cater to the US and the World, have a time advantage when looking at the "Average", over a site that doesn't accept US players.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're putting words into my mouth. You said their rank wouldn't revert..ie: Party taking them over. I just said their player signups would really decrease if they get hit with a penalty. The terms, although fluctuating that they rank for bring in tons of US players.

Their presence in other countries is terrible. They are way behind Party Poker and Poker Stars when something happens to their US players. They don't even have their site translated let alone software in other languages like Stars and Party.

If the US falls so does Full Tilt where as Poker Stars won't be hurt as bad.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples of what you are talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a post written out but I guess something happened to the site temporarily and I lost the post.

Here is Steve Badger (playwinningpoker) talking about it on his poker-seo site. Scroll down to the bottom to see what it cost Party Poker. He also talks about the forum spamming webmasters have been seeing and the shady link buying that could get them into trouble..... http://www.poker-seo.com/online/fulltiltpoker/