Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 04:28 AM

Default hit and run

So my car was parked on the street. A giant Pepsi Co Truck hit it and drove off. I wasnt there, but thank god some dude saw the whole thing and wrote me a note with his number on it. He also wrote down the ID# of the truck (not the license plate, but all pepsi co distributor trucks have some sort of ID# on them).

Anyway, i called him up he told me what happened. Apparently some asshat was directing the truck around a tight corner and decided it didnt matter if he hit any cars, as long as the end result was that the truck made the left turn. Unfortunately, my car was the unlucky one that got racked.

So does anyone have any similar experiences and what their results were? I'm going to contact the local distributors and find out if they have a truck with that number on it. I've also already had a cop come and fill out an accident report etc.

Any ideas? I think i might also write to Pepsi and see if i can get some sort of free [censored] out of them. Also, can we all boycott Pepsi products until this comes to a resolve? Coca-cola is the [censored] anyway.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:36 AM

Default Re: hit and run

I'd like to help you out but I'm too busy boycotting Aruba.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 AM

oh yah, i totally will never go to aruba.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:53 AM

perhaps if i said there was a possibility of NSFW pictures of my car in precarious positions (parked in front of fire hydrants, you know, dirty stuff like that) i'd get more responses?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps if i said there was a possibility of NSFW pictures of my car in precarious positions (parked in front of fire hydrants, you know, dirty stuff like that) i'd get more responses?

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be hot.

I think it's good that you filed the accident report. I think that the next move is to go to your insurance company to try to have them sort out all of the damages. You might think about going to the distributor directly to try to get some cold hard $$$, but I don't know how well that would work.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:10 AM

Buy the guy who wrote down the info a 6 pack!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:34 AM

My car was parked on the street and got hit-and-run, but there was no way for me to know who. I didn't bother telling the cops because SFPD won't do a damn thing and it would take up time that could be well spent doing other things.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My car was parked on the street and got hit-and-run, but there was no way for me to know who. I didn't bother telling the cops because SFPD won't do a damn thing and it would take up time that could be well spent doing other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, file a police report and have your insurance cover it...?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 AM

Collision & comprehensive insurance is for suckers.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:05 PM

i appreciate all the advice. that's basically what i was thinking as well. i guess i was wondering if anyone had a similar experience (taking on "the man").

im probably going to leave my insurance out of it as my deductible is $1,000 and the cost to repair will most likely be about $950 or <.

Its just the wheel fender that needs to be replaced and painted (whoopee).

I figure i'll write a letter to Pepsi Co. directly (to try and get some free stuff from them) and also contact all the local distributors. I'll ask a friend of mine who owns a bar in my neighborhood if he gets pepsi stuff and if so who his distributor is etc etc. Im sure they operate in territories or something like that, its south philly after all.