Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Default I\'m high on Vicodin and I have 2 black Aces

(preface: I'll probably post in OOT about my herniated disk in a few days but for now all I need to say is that I've been given Vicodin ES (extra-strength) for the pain. I take one at Starbucks on the way to CAZ and it usually kicks in around the time I sit down to play. Effects last ~4 hours. Nice and mellow but a bit cloudy on the thinking......)

CAZ's 20 today and the game's a beaut. All the action you could want but you've got to show a winner 90% of the time. UTG is a middle-eastern man who shouldn't be let near a poker table. He's got a better shot at blackjack. UTG+1 is an regular asian woman who is horrible but can make the occasional good play. LP is another asian woman who is notorious in the 20 game both for her bad play and bad behavior.

UTG and UTG+1 limp, I raise w/ 2 black Aces, LP and UTG call and UTG+1 3-bets. This was a real shockeroo as I don't think I've ever seen her do this. I cap and the rest come along.

Flop:

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]small[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]small[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, LP and UTG call and UTG+1 3-bets. Lovely. Of course I'm worried that she's got the Kings. I decide to just call and see what the turn brings.

Turn:

10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I'm not particularly worried about the other 2 players. If they have anything at all it isn't much. They are the types to shovel in chips and hope to win. If UTG+1 bets and I raise I'm almost certain to get 3-bet by her because her style is to keep it up once she gets a full head of steam going.

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets and I......
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: I\'m high on Vicodin and I have 2 black Aces

I raise once more. I don't think you can put her on KK just yet, and if she's the type to overplay her hand, let her.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:24 AM

If it's Susie I'm raising the turn. She can and will play a king like this. If she is losing she will play Kxs though too. So the (small, small) might matter.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's Susie I'm raising the turn. She can and will play a king like this. If she is losing she will play Kxs though too. So the (small, small) might matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Susie. I'll point her out next time we're all there. You know her for sure. Plus I don't think Susie is limp/3-betting w/ a weak King no matter how tilted esp. against me.

About a turn raise:

It looks like a WA/WB situation w/ UTG+1. I don't care much about the other 2. Take a guess who LP is. She's the one who throws her cards and asks for set-ups more than the rest of the poker room combined. Middle-eastern guy is so bad I almost feel guilty because it's like stealing from him. If I raise I most likely drive them out with their very weak hands or weak draws. That's 2 lost bets if I do drive them out at what I think is low-risk, costs me if I'm WB or stops UTG+1 from betting what I'm praying is AK.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 AM

I think had you 4bet the flop it would make turn a heck of alot easier to play.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:23 AM

Call flop 3 bet, and then raise turn to make sure UTG and LP have to deal with multiple bets to the face.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 AM

The pot is huge. UTG and LP will be getting like 16 to one to peel river so all draws are profitable.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like a WA/WB situation w/ UTG+1. I don't care much about the other 2

[/ QUOTE ]

You should care about the other 2 since each of them probably have ~4 outs against you on average, and the pots pretty big. I don't think this is necessarily way ahead/way behind either. UTG+1 limped behind UTG, then 3-bet a multi-way pot. I'd put her on X [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Y [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] WAY more often than KK. Add in the possibility that she has AK or is spazzing out with no pair no draw, and I think your AA is looking pretty good here.

I'd raise/4-bet the turn and call down if she shows any more aggression.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like a WA/WB situation w/ UTG+1. I don't care much about the other 2

[/ QUOTE ]

You should care about the other 2 since each of them probably have ~4 outs against you on average, and the pots pretty big. I don't think this is necessarily way ahead/way behind either. UTG+1 limped behind UTG, then 3-bet a multi-way pot. I'd put her on X [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Y [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] WAY more often than KK. Add in the possibility that she has AK or is spazzing out with no pair no draw, and I think your AA is looking pretty good here.

I'd raise/4-bet the turn and call down if she shows any more aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, all legit certainly, but THIS UTG+1 has one of exactly 3 hands once she leads the turn: AA, KK or AK. And I've got 2 of the Aces. And I suppose I should care about the other 2 a little bit but I think LP was trying to catch an Ace that she didn't know were almost all certainly gone and UTG, well, who knows. They might've had 4 outs against me between them. As I said I didn't think they'd call 2 and, to be honest, I thought I was losing.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 AM

Let's see ... She's "horrible but can make an occasional good play"? Can she really only have kings? Or could it be AK?

I feel like I still have to raise the turn here against most people. What can you do if she 3-bets? I'd probably find myself calling down the 3-bet in all likelihood after I've finished choking on the little bit of throw-up that just came up into my mouth. This is probably not correct.

Given the villain, I am thinking the safest lines here are call the turn and river since raising the turn and fold to 3-bet makes me even sicker.

This is a tough one to play.