Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 AM

Default 25NL - Tough hand w/ QQ

Before the hand, relevant history. I re-raised villain's CO raise on the button with J9dd, he called. I checked through a Kxx two-tone diamond board, then checked through blank turn and river. He won with 99 at showdown. I have been moderately aggressive preflop but pretty mellow afterwards. Hero has a full stack, Villain has about $40.

Hero is dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG has 4.65, raises to .85. He has recently reraised my UTG+1 raise all-in with a similar stack, I couldn't call with 109hh.

Villain, in CO, reraises to $3. This sent off some sirens in my head. I knew UTG was pushing any two here and just calling would put me in a really awkward spot. I decided to re-min RR to 5.15 I think it was. Two folds, UTG insta-pushed and CO thinks for a second and flat calls.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO checks, I check.

Turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain bets a little over 1/3 pot. I call.

River is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain checks, Hero thinks, calls for time and shoves his stack which is about 2/3 pot.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Tough hand w/ QQ

Why arent you betting this flop? Why arent you reraising the turn? What are you waiting for on the river?

I really don't get it. You got him crushed
Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 AM

Because a lot of people will flat call pre in this spot with KK/AA and I wanted more info to figure out if he had those hands
Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 AM

Raise more preflop, go broke on this flop.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because a lot of people will flat call pre in this spot with KK/AA and I wanted more info to figure out if he had those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Most people shove preflop with AA/KK.
And alot more people will call with other crap then AA/KK so you're losing value against those hands.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:53 AM

why would you check down the first hand you described? checking behind that flop is just crazy.