Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 01:51 AM

Default 2 Kings in trouble at least give me a hand to post about.

CAZ 20. The particulars:

BB is an asian woman who is not clueless but is over-cautious. She has a bit of card sense which puts her ahead of most of the others but she doesn't play well. Earlier she had limped in w/ the rest of the herd and when my 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] beat her pocket Kings she told me off a bit for playing bad cards. I told her I always play hands that have a name. UTG+2 is an asian man about my age that I've been playing against for years. He knows I don't get out of line much and is capable of playing fairly well.

The hand:

I raise UTG w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+2 3-bets, folded around to an old man who is new to me (I get to call someone old! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]) who calls the 3 cold (this should be JJ according to PJ), folded to BB who calls and I just call. I can hear the CAP IT! chorus drawing it's breath and most times I would but if I do I might just as well turn my cards over. I'm also fairly confident that UTG+2 will bet any flop giving me options.

Flop:

10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to UTG+2 who bets, called around to me and I'm watching UTG+2 closely as I raise and he just calls. Old guy and BB call.

Turn:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which is the second most horriblest card that I care to see and BB bets out.

I.........
Old 09-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: 2 Kings in trouble at least give me a hand to post about.

Obv, calling is the only answer.

Fwiw, I am not thrilled with the idea of missing the flop cap in this situation. You rate to be a huge favorite and its lhe so it not like you are going to spring to life and stack somebody. Get the value while the gettin's good. Too many boards will freeze up action or cause you to misplay, bc you underepped your hand.

Edit to add-Howard the presence of the 4bet cap means that your capping range should be sufficiently wide so that the deception value of calling 3 could never make up for the missed pf value.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit to add-Howard the presence of the 4bet cap makes means that your capping range should be sufficiently wide so that the deception value of calling 3 could never make up for the missed pf value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know, I know but the problem I have is that the regulars avoid playing pots against me. Many of them aren't thinking about ranges or anything other than 'if he's raising I'm in trouble' so I mix it up a bit.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 AM

Someone directed me to this topic based solely on preflop. You range is already tight as an UTG raiser. Not capping is terrible.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone directed me to this topic based solely on preflop. You range is already tight as an UTG raiser. Not capping is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like doing the same thing the same way every time. There's more to consider than just this one hand.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 AM

You're multiway in a large pot, forget about deception.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like doing the same thing the same way every time. There's more to consider than just this one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then cap lighther PF.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're multiway in a large pot, forget about deception.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can make the pot even larger than it would have been had I capped pf. In my OP I mentioned that I expected these responses and I understand that they are justified. I also said that most times I do cap it. Still, I don't like doing the same thing all the time.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then cap lighther PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's in my bag of tricks too.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 AM

I hate the flop/turn combination. Is this for equity's sake? Obviously no one is folding to your c/r. I'd rather bet/3bet this flop. As played, I think you have to call here and hate yourself for it later.