Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Looking for bots to play against, any programs available?

I'd like to be able to play against a computer opponent HU LHE, on my own computer. I'd also like to be able to use a simple scripting language to program its play style.

As an initial project, I just wanted to start with something simple like passivebot always checking and calling against me on any board, and aggrobot always betting and raising.

I figured this would be a fun introduction to HU LHE for me, just to play a bunch of hands vs a simple strategy and get a feel for how different hands line up on different boards against random hands.

Obviously I will win vs those bots (lol at least I hope so), and probably win more vs aggrobot than passivebot, but I figure it would be a fun exercise to start with.

If anyone knows what programs I'd be looking to use for this, please let me know (poker academy? I've heard of this one but I've never used it).

--Dave.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Looking for bots to play against, any programs available?

poker academy is the only one I know of, they have bots like a passive bot,a shove bot, and an aggro bot. I don't believe you can really use a scripting language to program its style, though. good luck!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM

You could try using TurboTexasHoldem - I'm pretty sure you could make an always call or always raise opponent quite easily using it.

As the other poster pointed out - you could also use PokerAcademy, but since they don't provide bots like this you would have to code them up yourself in Java using the example bot as a template (very easy if you know some Java, else fairly hard).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Poker academy is good for HU LHE because it has vexbot. It models your playstyle and adjusts it's play according to yours after a certain amount of hands. Basically it helps you figure out if you're playing too aggro or loose or whatever.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could try using TurboTexasHoldem - I'm pretty sure you could make an always call or always raise opponent quite easily using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will work. I had TTHE several years ago and was able to build such opponents.