Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 09-29-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Some strategic question in limit..

Is slowplay good in limit texas?For example i sitting with BB with AA.MP2 raises.3-bet?Or just call to hide your strength?

Is calling river bet,or ch raise,reraise good when you "almost" know you are beaten?I refer to tremendeus calling pot odds.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Some strategic question in limit..

[ QUOTE ]
Is slowplay good in limit texas?For example i sitting with BB with AA.MP2 raises.3-bet?Or just call to hide your strength?

Is calling river bet,or ch raise,reraise good when you "almost" know you are beaten?I refer to tremendeus calling pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about live or online?

In general, in live play, I like to 3bet in the sb and bb with a wide range of hands, particularly against players in the HJ, CO, and button who also raise there with a large range. This eliminates all problems with 3 betting AA, KK, etc out of the blinds. You're hand is disguised due to having a wide range. I'm generally not a fan of slow play. For instance, last night in the Commerce 20-40, I 3 bet AA in the sb against a mp raiser. The flop came A22. I bet out. In that situation, he likely had zilch. If I gave a free card as a slow play, he likely would not have caught anything with which to call a turn bet with and wasn't the type of player to take a stab at a bluff. He called because my 3 betting range is wide and because of other factors thought I was FOS. In general, I hate to slowplay in live limit holdem. There are some exceptions, but they come up once per session at most. Usually its gas, gas, and more gas.

As to calling river bets....I think that in pots that are 10BB or more, its a big mistake to lay down hands like TPTK or an overpair if you make it to the river. There are again some exceptions, but against unknown players, I'm calling here. The place to make these big type laydowns is more on the turn. I'll note that by playing aggressively and defining your opponents hand on the flop and turn, you avoid a TON of difficult river decisions like this. I'll also note that some live opponents basically play in a manner that is equivalent to exposing their hole cards. In those instances, it is sometimes ok to make a big river laydown.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM

Yes its sick sometimes,when you know you are beaten but you should call .Even,if someone trys bluff 1 in 7 times.
Or there are chance ,that your opponents overestimates his trash hand .
Old 09-30-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop, fold the river.