Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on your team?
Sean Taylor 4 26.67%
Troy Polamolu 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July PT 2(LC/NC)**

I just wanted to post this here for other struggling uNLers. I posted a reply in hallo!'s topic about his 30k hand breakeven at nl10 but it was locked before I could submit it. Here's what I contributed:

[ QUOTE ]
- Be more positionally aware (raise your starting hand requirements UTG and UTG+1).

- Fold your blinds to steal a bit more, you don't need to defend your blinds, it isn't a tournament.

- Tighten up in general. You're not good enough to play 25% of your hands, even though your Won Money When Saw Flop, and your Went to SD and Won Money at SD are fine - you're just not gonna be profitable playing 25% of your hands.

- Raise more, stop limping and calling. You play 25% of your hands but you're only raising 10%. Over half of your hands you're playing, you're not the aggressor. That means that someone else is in control of the hands and every time you miss, someone else is taking a pot from you. I'm guessing this is where your main leaks are.

- Focus more on postflop play than preflop. I talked about preflop like it was the main thing to worry about, but you need to know when you're ahead and when you're behind and play accordingly. Bet or raise when you think you're ahead, fold when you're behind - Even when you're getting huge odds.

- Look in your position stats, and look at your Win % In This Position. Notice that your UTG and UTG+1 stats are lower than your BTN and CO stats. This is because position is crucial. BTN and CO are gonna be your biggest money winners because your opponents act before you, and you can accomodate depending on what they do.

- Post hands and reply to hands. Try to find as many situations as you can and try to get into a lot of tough situations because it'll help you when you get into those situations when you're playing.

- Feel free to PM me, Gelford, ama, or any of the other experienced posters (Maybe not them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, but I don't condone spamming their inbox without their consent) if you want any advice on succeeding in micro limits.

We're all here to help, good luck on your journey through micro limits and eventually small stakes and higher. The sky's the limit if you put in the work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July PT 2(LC/NC)**

[ QUOTE ]
lol, NL50 since Sat....if only I put in more hands

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA

NOT A RICKROLL^

[/ QUOTE ]

Great song, and nice graph!

Well I played some 200nl to end the month 1 hour, and won $200 so yeah that was nice (300hands).

Overall I'm happy with the month, too bad I won't have any time to play next month though....
Closed Thread