Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Default Re: LO.50/1 How horrible is the post flop play?

In a slightly tighter game, I don't always raise pf here from EP (though after a few callers, yes), because with this hand you want customers to pad the pot. If you are suited, then this play (i.e., non-raise) makes even more sense, I think, because now you are playing for the flush as well (making your hand that much more multi-way friendly).

Value bet on the river seems right to me. It is probably, depending on the game, just a break-even bet (though at this limit I suspect it is somewhat +EV), but I think it is nice to make these bets so that you get paid off when you are scooping. But then, I like to bet....
Old 08-24-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post. What range do you put SB on, particularly on the turn,
that makes your read "so obvious"?

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

After betting the whole was, why would anyone check the river with Aces Full of sevens or kings when a 2 comes off? I guess I could see some tightwad checking A7 not wanting to escalate in case someone was "slowplaying" AK, but I never would. And neither would most players. His most likely hands given the river check are 77xx and trip aces. And, even if he was checking A7 rather than sevens full or trip aces, you are almost certainly good for at least low. How often is someone drawing to a third nut low on this board? It's indeed possible that you are beat both ways, but it's very unlikely. There is a very good chance that you are ahead both ways, and you will get called by a bunch of worse hands in each direction by opponents hoping to squeeze out half the pot. This is an easy value bet.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:46 PM

I would prefer to just call pre-flop & to raise after the flop & on the turn.like the river bet.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:35 AM

your play is perfect.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:26 PM

I like everything except the preflop raise. This hand does really well with alot of players. Raising has too much risk of thinning the field without much extra value gained. I would limp-reraise if somebody raised it after the limp though.