Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Have I become too weak-passive/tight?

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Flop call is alright but i'd definitely raise the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's why I like raising the flop:

1) You get information right away on whether your set is good, thus avoiding calling off your money to the nut full later on.

2) You make a draw pay to get there.

3) You get more money in the pot when you have the best hand, thus winning more on later streets.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first hand id fold preflop, and if i didnt i would raise the flop

as played i raise the river. Id agree your playing this too passive and missing a value bet

second hand, there is no way im value betting the river. A bet here would be a bluff. Also i would raise the flop for sure and probably raise preflop.

third hand i probably fold, but it is read dependent. U have the three highest flush cards. I dont know what your opponent is doing calling your checkraise. im guessing he has filled on the river. your getting around 3.5 to 1 to call however.

These stakes are pretty low and it is hard to know what your opponents are at because they don't really know themselves alot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would raise the river in the first hand.

In the second hand you may have missed OP rivered the 2nd nuts, he can definitely get some value here. If you get c/r it is almost always by the nuts.

I don't know about the last hand, against a lot of opponents I would grudgingly fold. I think betting is better than check calling here: you may get looked up by a small flush but that hand will never bet the river, and it is hard for him to be bluffing.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Flop call is alright but i'd definitely raise the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's why I like raising the flop:

1) You get information right away on whether your set is good, thus avoiding calling off your money to the nut full later on.

2) You make a draw pay to get there.

3) You get more money in the pot when you have the best hand, thus winning more on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like it cause you make it easy on big draws when you raiise, not more difficult (who might even be a slight favorite against you on the flop) cause they can 3-bet jam if we raise and now they got us to fold (presumably we're folding) middle set.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:04 PM

ye your right roundtower, i missed that he rivered the king high flush. I would definetly bet in this spot.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first hand id fold preflop, and if i didnt i would raise the flop

as played i raise the river. Id agree your playing this too passive and missing a value bet

second hand, there is no way im value betting the river. A bet here would be a bluff. Also i would raise the flop for sure and probably raise preflop.

third hand i probably fold, but it is read dependent. U have the three highest flush cards. I dont know what your opponent is doing calling your checkraise. im guessing he has filled on the river. your getting around 3.5 to 1 to call however.

These stakes are pretty low and it is hard to know what your opponents are at because they don't really know themselves alot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I would raise the river in the first hand.

In the second hand you may have missed OP rivered the 3rd nuts, he can definitely get some value here. If you get c/r it is almost always by the nuts.

I don't know about the last hand, against a lot of opponents I would grudgingly fold. I think betting is better than check calling here: you may get looked up by a small flush but that hand will never bet the river, and it is hard for him to be bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP