Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 02:30 PM

Default What to do when you might be behind but have a good hand.

I have no reads on the person. I raise flop to see if he does have the straight or where he might be. Any raise from him I fold. Since he just calls and the nuts stay the same, I don't know exactly what to do. I want to bet to make him pay to draw, but don't want to keep giving him money if he is slowplaying or calling with AAA. Any thoughts on what to do?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.50
UTG+1: $10
MP1: $8.10
Hero: $31.55
CO: $35.05
Button: $11.45
SB: $27.70
BB: $24.75

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG, folds, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.25, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.75, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.5</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: $3.5 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $5.75
Old 08-15-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Re: What to do when you might be behind but have a good hand.

Middle or bottom set, and even top set, on a flopped straight board and which has no other draws sucks hard, especially in an unraised pot. Just fold. The exception would be headsup in position where you intend to bluff to a flush card.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: What to do when you might be behind but have a good hand.

there arent many hands that he can call your turn bet with here... you are either gogin to take a small pot or lose a big one (i am aware that you werent calling any raises, however you were putting in like 60% of the pot trying to take it down... he was only calling/raising when you were in a lot of trouble)

you had the option to keep the pot small on the flop by calling the bet and drawing to the full house, i probably would have done that. raising makes it a fairly volatile situation