Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 02:36 AM

Default On which raise do you start to worry?

Don't have the actual HH:

I have about two buyins, villian has about 1.5. No reads.

I have QQxx in the BB and check it when it gets to me. Probably around 5 seeing the flop, including me.

Flop: Qh Qc 9h

I check hoping someone catches up. Checks around.

Turn: As

I bet 2/3, get called in one spot.

River: Jh.

I bet 2/3, get raised pot. repot, repot . . . and I start to get worried. I ended up going all in thinking that if I had the straight flush and someone else had quads, I'll probably get all of his money so it should probably equal out in the long run; and I don't want to let AA off the hook.

Luckily, I take down a monster pot against the AA, but I had recently lost against a short stack when he hit the SF on the turn when I hit my A-high (obviously I'm doing this everytime against a short stack), so it got me to thinking.

So, the question is, do I cutoff the betting at some point with deep stacks, or should I treat it the same as the overfull versus quads?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:12 AM

Default Re: On which raise do you start to worry?

it would be nice to know how much 2/3 pot was and where exactly villain was in relation to others in pot, but i'd hope that someone wouldn't call 2/3 of a pot bet against the other big stack looking for 1 out. the cold call and the river repot leads me to think AA so I keep on going with quads. To put it very bluntly though, if i'm only 2 buy ins deeps, i'm repotting with quads all day till we're both in.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:09 AM

Default Re: On which raise do you start to worry?

I was first to act. He was right after me. 5 people in pot, so 2/3 of 5xBB+1SB.

I didn't have any reads, so I had no idea if he had something like TJAK and thought it might be good enough to call a bet on the river if he hit. Probably should have said this was .10/.25, so there are many "unkowns" at the table, which could make this somewhat plausible. Therefore, he could have backed into the SF.

I agree with you and I'll probably do this everytime with our stacks, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had any opinion that might make me think about it any more.