Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Do all guys go through the \"chase is more fun\" stage?

[ QUOTE ]
"Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26"

[/ QUOTE ]

And we were of that disposition, 'T0ne. We were of. That disposition.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 AM

I've never really felt like this, but I've never really been about the chase for its own sake, which probably explains why I'm so unsuccessful with it.

[ QUOTE ]
the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, I've never had this; I've always felt weird about the approach, like something in my brain's wiring is busted and assumes they won't like me or will find me strange. Which is obviously absurd, and who [censored] cares anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:02 AM

I'm of the mindset that I don't really want to get married until I am relatively ready to have kids. But I could see that in the next 5 years, so.......

My 30th last year is pretty much when everything started changing for me, as I thought I would be single until I was 40. Meeting a cool chick helps, obv.

Until then, rock and roll.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 AM

You haven't find the right one yet.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:03 AM

i'll chime in here with my perspective. i'm relatively young at 19, and currently in my first serious relationship. in the past, i definitely enjoyed "the chase," but honestly pursuing girls was more than likely a waste of time (albeit fun and interesting). vastly overweight until i was 17, netting an attractive girlfriend was extremely unrealistic. i weighed approx. 260 (i'm 5'11") in my first two years of high school, yet i had a sort of obnoxious witty confidence, mostly due to relying on my inherent intelligence and maturity throughout my adolescense. dealing with insults from my peers,and also at a physical disadvantage to them (sports etc.), allowed me to shrug off most negativity directed toward me. i constantly flirted with and befriended attractive girls, yet most of the time was unsuccessful in taking it any further than that. in my junior year, i became obsessed with losing weight, and dropped from my max of 260ish down to a meager 168 (i still remember my lowest weight). having only smoked lightly until around that time, i became a full-fledged smoker, replacing meals with cigarettes and starbucks. i still smoke, unfortunately, and i am not particularly healthy. after shedding the excess weight, my confidence was at an all-time high, and i began dating attractive girls. not only was this exciting, but what blew my mind was that these particular girls required no effort to get with. they wanted me. as i was in the middle of a somewhat blossoming relationship, i became enamored with another girl. i chased her around for close to a year, breaking it off with my previous girlfriend because i "liked alyssa too much." eventually everything worked out, i kissed her on a park bench, and was able to get laid in a short amount of time. i was the happiest person in the world. after a while though, things became a little more hectic. i began to see horrible flaws in this supposedly "perfect" girl, and my world was starting to crumble. my confidence dropped, and i began to regain weight due to stress and lack of activity. with a ton of effort, though, we were able to mend things, and my relationship is nearing the 1.5 year mark. i rarely if ever miss "the chase," because the chase is [censored] futile. it's a blast, i'll admit, but once i found an extremely close companion, i felt as if there was no going back. i really can't imagine the single life.

^^
i know that was insanely long, but it felt good to reflect on life, so i went a little overboard, sorry. there may be some useful stuff in there, either way.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 AM

a year or two more and you'll get bored with this girl and start thinking how you wasted your best banging years in a relationship where both of you were too young for a serious relationship.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, ive always loved the chase, the thrill of accomplishment at closing the deal, the knowledge and confidence to approach someone knowing they are going to like me and i wont fk it up. ive been with same girl for a year and a half. when i first met her i had no aspirations whatsoever of having a girlfriend or being involved with just one girl. i dno what happened, shes just too awesome to give up to get back in the hunt. also, i dont see myself getting married until im ready to have kids, which will prob be early 30s.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much my story to the letter.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'll chime in here with my perspective. i'm relatively young at 19, and currently in my first serious relationship. in the past, i definitely enjoyed "the chase," but honestly pursuing girls was more than likely a waste of time (albeit fun and interesting). vastly overweight until i was 17, netting an attractive girlfriend was extremely unrealistic. i weighed approx. 260 (i'm 5'11") in my first two years of high school, yet i had a sort of obnoxious witty confidence, mostly due to relying on my inherent intelligence and maturity throughout my adolescense. dealing with insults from my peers,and also at a physical disadvantage to them (sports etc.), allowed me to shrug off most negativity directed toward me. i constantly flirted with and befriended attractive girls, yet most of the time was unsuccessful in taking it any further than that. in my junior year, i became obsessed with losing weight, and dropped from my max of 260ish down to a meager 168 (i still remember my lowest weight). having only smoked lightly until around that time, i became a full-fledged smoker, replacing meals with cigarettes and starbucks. i still smoke, unfortunately, and i am not particularly healthy. after shedding the excess weight, my confidence was at an all-time high, and i began dating attractive girls. not only was this exciting, but what blew my mind was that these particular girls required no effort to get with. they wanted me. as i was in the middle of a somewhat blossoming relationship, i became enamored with another girl. i chased her around for close to a year, breaking it off with my previous girlfriend because i "liked alyssa too much." eventually everything worked out, i kissed her on a park bench, and was able to get laid in a short amount of time. i was the happiest person in the world. after a while though, things became a little more hectic. i began to see horrible flaws in this supposedly "perfect" girl, and my world was starting to crumble. my confidence dropped, and i began to regain weight due to stress and lack of activity. with a ton of effort, though, we were able to mend things, and my relationship is nearing the 1.5 year mark. i rarely if ever miss "the chase," because the chase is [censored] futile. it's a blast, i'll admit, but once i found an extremely close companion, i felt as if there was no going back. i really can't imagine the single life.

^^
i know that was insanely long, but it felt good to reflect on life, so i went a little overboard, sorry. there may be some useful stuff in there, either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a 19 year old kid, you have no idea what you are talking about, and havent had the time to figure out what you really think in regards to relationships, so dont make a mistake and and become some co-dependent douche cookie like a lot of guys tend to do
Old 10-10-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

^^

[/ QUOTE ]

As a 19 year old kid, you have no idea what you are talking about, and havent had the time to figure out what you really think in regards to relationships, so dont make a mistake and and become some co-dependent douche cookie like a lot of guys tend to do

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope BoostedJ doesn't read this or he'll challenge you heads-up for rolls.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

^^

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, she'll dump you, and you'll go into a woman hating shell for 4 years. Thats just being realistic.