Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, yes women do have scales. It's called the "trust fund" scale. With other women it's "who has the cocaine or weed" scale. With other women it's "who is the best athlete" scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I used a "will be a good husband and father" scale and the "genius IQ - will 'get me'" scale as well as the "funny as hell" scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

ElaineMonster, did the asterix's around the words *often* in the subsequent sentences not register in your brain? What about the sentence I put in it's own paragraph. You know this one "Please be aware that I am not saying you are even remotely related to the people you are hating on (male or female)." Since it's in bold now, maybe you might be able to figure out what I was trying to say. Out of 14 sentences in that post I think you missed 11 of them.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, yes women do have scales. It's called the "trust fund" scale. With other women it's "who has the cocaine or weed" scale. With other women it's "who is the best athlete" scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I used a "will be a good husband and father" scale and the "genius IQ - will 'get me'" scale as well as the "funny as hell" scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, sugar, those are some good-ass scales! But have you forgotten that he's sexy as hell? Maybe that's incidental.

[ QUOTE ]
My name has no hyphen anywhere, no middle name, no Miller. And yes, it's hard to spell, unless you're French. Then it's really, very easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pardon. Je suis un miserable, un miserable!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:21 PM

I wish I was smart enough to post something good in this thread, but frankly I am just not that intelligent of a person.

With that said, I am socially attractive enough that I can get girls so I laugh at this post.

Those who aren't would be witty enough to post something that when used in normal conversation can pick up girls based on their intellect.

I think that covers the 2+2 population in that in one way or another we can get girls and not the ones that look like that some of us may be ourselves.

I'd post a picture of myself and the girl I am dating, I have nothing to hide.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:26 PM

I think what you have to realize is, the majority of guys are insensitive idiots. Especially internet guys. And they don't come here to learn, you're not going to open anyone's mind. The same fat bastard who's saying he wouldn't "hit that" because the woman isn't photoshopped enough for his taste is still going to be saying that next week. It sucks for women, but if you're sensitive about these kinds of things, you can either develop a tougher skin or find a more suitable environment. I'm glad you made this thread though, because it will result in nothing but entertaining drama.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think what you have to realize is, the majority of guys are insensitive idiots. Especially internet guys. And they don't come here to learn, you're not going to open anyone's mind. The same fat bastard who's saying he wouldn't "hit that" because the woman isn't photoshopped enough for his taste is still going to be saying that next week. It sucks for women, but if you're sensitive about these kinds of things, you can either develop a tougher skin or find a more suitable environment. I'm glad you made this thread though, because it will result in nothing but entertaining drama.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoenix - how is this "insensitive"? What is one to "learn"? Learn to lower one's standards of female attractiveness? How can one do this based solely on a pic of the girl?

If it's a question of "honesty" - again, this is hard to do just looking at a pic, when men are inundated on a daily basis with pics of extremely attractive women.

I hate Dunleavy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Al
Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM

Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female.

Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results.

So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

Edited for readability.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female. Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results. So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had used paragraphs, I would have read this. But I probably disagree.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunleavy sucks so hard.

It is a question of honesty, to an extent. But it's also a matter of the ridiculous standards that the media has implanted in the average male's brain, the intense objectification of women throughout history that persists to this day, and just a matter of courtesy. The average male doesn't understand the effect that the above factors have on the average female. Everyone is insecure, but women in particular have an enormous weight on their shoulders to fit into the male's standard of attractiveness, even when she's smart enough to realize that it's BS. When guys are talking about how a woman is ugly or hot, they never realize how this affects the women in the room. It very strongly reinforces their pressure and insecurity, sometimes to very negative results. So sometimes it's helpful to know that there are women in the room. I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, I'm thinking she's just one of the smart women who wonders why the hell there isn't some kind of reciprocity. The answer here is that it's 99.5% males, so the fat women are going to get bashed and the fat men are going to coddled, and it's somewhat anonymous, so fat ugly men can take potshots at whatever they like from behind their computer screens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude: Carriage returns are your friend. So are bullet-point style lists. I ain't readin that.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:33 PM

I feel that this problem is a lot worse than you say it is. What is happening here is intelligent people are propogating a culture that effectively destroys most women's self-esteem before they know themselves well enough to have a good picture of themselves as an individual.

I dont think, however, that the correct response is to turn around and establish a culture seeking to do the same thing towards males.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:34 PM

duck,

[ QUOTE ]
i certainly make judgments about the appearance of all people, men, and women... but i don't talk about it in anything like the same way that men do, neither do most of my female friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the fact that we're open and honest with each other about our judgments somehow makes it worse? Whoa.