Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Does this play generally mean AA?

Yeah, see, to me everyone on here says "Don't fold KK, there are just too many things you beat." But really, I've RAISED all-in with KK and gotten it good, but CALLING over my stack with KK usually runs me into AA.

I really think it's rare to see someone 5-bet anything less than KK or AA, which means I'm usually either tied or way behind. It seems like a folding spot to me.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, see, to me everyone on here says "Don't fold KK, there are just too many things you beat." But really, I've RAISED all-in with KK and gotten it good, but CALLING over my stack with KK usually runs me into AA.

I really think it's rare to see someone 5-bet anything less than KK or AA, which means I'm usually either tied or way behind. It seems like a folding spot to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe just save the aggro and push 4 bet instead, and they call off with worse hands. "I thought you were making a move" "Yeah so did I, I only have KK, what the $%&! are you calling that for, oh n/m the flop comes QJT anyways gg"

Regards Mack

Mack
Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM

also you don't have to 4 bet always, you can call too and raise his bet on non-A flops, very few players will throw away an overpair on safe boards
Old 10-07-2007, 11:59 PM

This horse has been beat to death, brought back to life, and beaten again and again over the past couple years. I'm sure there's multiple stickies/major posts but I'm too lazy to look. Don't bring the zombie back.

99% of the situations with up to 150bb, it's fine to go broke with KK pf. You can never narrow a range down to AA only against any reasonably aggro villain with AK still being in the mix.

Here's the short version:
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 52.707% 49.20% 03.51% 75823176 5402286.00 { KK+, AKs, AKo }
Hand 1: 47.293% 43.79% 03.51% 67479612 5402286.00 { KK }

And you'll be getting about 2-1 on your call to boot. Since a whole bunch of us reasonable players are telling you they're 3 betting, 4betting, even 5betting AK/JJ+ and other hands sometimes, we can see that the range is obviously even wider. And donks do what donks do, too....
Old 10-08-2007, 12:31 AM

first if you have kk in a 9 handed tabel someone has AA 1 out of 24 times (I read that somewhere I think harringtion)of course the odds drop considerabley after you get 4 bet.

I look to see if I'mm getting chip committed against an unkown or agra player (passive changes or I know he slow plays AA here ect.). If I raise 3 bets and he goes 12 I go 36...his call puts 72 bets in the pot and his shove to 100 means I call 64 more it sure looks like I'm pot committed without a really good read on him. Any way I plan on beating him 20% of the time just incase he has AA (thats skill son) (then again he beats me 20% with a lower pair and 30 with an A over card thats just bad luck.)
Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 AM

Sorry from bringing the monster back to life, I just KNOW I'm beaten and still do it because I hear I ought to. Then I need someone to tell me again because I KNEW it.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 AM

Kasane thanks for your reply, I think it sums it up pretty well
Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first if you have kk in a 9 handed tabel someone has AA 1 out of 24 times (I read that somewhere I think harringtion)of course the odds drop considerabley after you get 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 6max, so 9-handed doesn't apply here. It's also not tournament play, which is Harrington's forte. You'd have to go to those forums for definitive answers.