Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why has Mark been so quiet about this whole thing? He hasn't made one post or public statement clearing AP or even his own name. I'd love to see him involved here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He pasted the AP reply.

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then he lets someone use it/uses it himself for whatever reason because 'omg noone will ever notice' and it gets more and more blatant until 'we' finally pick up on it.

If this is true, absolute will totally stonewall, more information coming out can never be good for them if ownership/executives were really involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is enough evidence of it being true at this point that I don't think they can stonewall. Sure, they can refrain from saying anything to the public, but I would imagine that at some point KGC needs to step in and do something unless it wants to reveal itself as a total sham.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scott's Myspace username is "puremoney7".

[/ QUOTE ]
Can someone point me to where this was shown?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Tournament Results -- Event 5
Place AP Screen Name
24 IAMKIDPOKER
http://www.pokersourceonline.com/pok...%203-19-06.asp
Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since its been a month or so since that tourney and you don't usually don't get a dedicated IP with a cable connection, it could definitely be the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, most DHCP leases for residential cable modems are 30 days or longer, and unless the client's modem has been unplugged for a long length of time, the IP address will almost always remain the same when the lease is renewed. I am not discrediting your information one bit as I think it's spot on, this is just additional technical information relevant to your above statement.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since its been a month or so since that tourney and you don't usually don't get a dedicated IP with a cable connection, it could definitely be the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, most DHCP leases for residential cable modems are 30 days or longer, and unless the client's modem has been unplugged for a long length of time, the IP address will almost always remain the same when the lease is renewed. I am not discrediting your information one bit as I think it's spot on, this is just additional technical information relevant to your above statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anecdotally, my cable modem DHCP IP ends up changing once every 30-60 days. Sometimes it happens b/c I'm out of town and I unplug the power, but sometimes it just happens to change. I always notice the change b/c I have VNC running and have to connect to my IP from elsewhere.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.myspace.com/puremoney7
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.myspace.com/puremoney7

[/ QUOTE ]

And Phil:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=63122490
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 PM

not sure what to make of this, but here iamkidpoker has some kind of affiliate scheme that involves sending payment through absolute.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:Ub2...lient=firefox-a
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anecdotally, my cable modem DHCP IP ends up changing once every 30-60 days. Sometimes it happens b/c I'm out of town and I unplug the power, but sometimes it just happens to change. I always notice the change b/c I have VNC running and have to connect to my IP from elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly it could be different between providers - I have never seen a Comcast IP change (lots of VNC/RDP connections here too) with constant power to the modem or a constantly connected desktop PC in a LAN environment change on DHCP renewal, and unless there's a phasing out of a scope or change to scope don't quite the see reasoning behind it. Back to the manhunt though.....
Closed Thread