Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 PM

Default mike caro reports

hi everone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

over at conjelco they have two reports by mike caro, one on stud and one on holdem. are they any good, or maybe a little outdated?

thanks a lot

wolf
Old 03-27-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Re: mike caro reports

They are over priced for one thing-they are plain paper copies stapled together, I think around 30 or 40 pages. If I remember correctly Mason said his holdem advice is very dangerous/expensive. You will need to do a search in the archives but I think the original post was about bad poker books and Caro's holdem advice was discussed. There is too much good 2+2 stuff out there to spend your time with those anyway. Most 2+2 titles from Amazon are close to the same $20 you will spend for those reports(which are not good anyway) so you should pass on the reports and just get the 2+2 books.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 AM

I don't know about the 7stud report, but the holdem report is mostly an elaborate starting hand chart that is kind of crazy. He also recommends not to raise before the flop with AK. It's been a while but I think he extends this to AA KK reasoning that if you only raise with those you are giving away too much info. There might be a few valuable nuggets in the report though.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Haven't read either of them in quite a while. Hold'em Report probably not worth it as starting hand advice is just too confusing. There are a few morsels (both limit and NL)in the section following the charts, if memory serves, but not enough to justify the price you will pay, IMO.

The 7-stud report contains some solid advice. Contains a good primer on hand reading. Might be worth it if you want to improve your stud game.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:50 PM

thanks a lot for answers [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yeah, i can imagine, that the holdem report is at the least outdated or maybe even flawed. guess i ll save my money here.

but has anyone ever read his stud report? i think i maybe should have a little starter before i begin chewing the sure tasty 7CSFAP...
Old 04-01-2006, 03:58 AM

I think you can dive right into 7CSFAP personally. Just be sure to re-read it every 10K-30K hands. It's like having 4-5 different books by the time you're done. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]