Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Tactic of Fighting to Keep Tom Delay's Name on Texas Ballots Ethical?
No, it is not ethical. 17 60.71%
Yes, it is ethical. 6 21.43%
Neither 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Is this considered offensive?

I'm curious as to whether those same people that found my video blog to be offensive also find this clip offensive as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs08a4D0lgg

He is a real actor, is actually funny, and is doing the skit with a black man. Aside from that, is there anything different about the face paint he used and the face paint that I used? If you found my skit offensive, I'm assuming that you felt this Dan Akroyd bit was equally offensive?

If not, please explain why.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Is this considered offensive?

I didn't find it offensive. But then again I didn't find your skit offensive either.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:58 PM

I dont think this merits a new thread.

I didnt find what I saw of your skit offensive, but if you didnt think people would find it offensive then your are extremely naive.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 PM

I didn't find your skit offensive. I thought it was funny as hell.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:03 PM

Hey DN,
I personally thought your "Dexter" video was very funny as all most of your impressions I've seen on TV especially Scotty Ngyuen. I think it is your great sense of humor that is partly responsible for your poker success. You "get it" more than most people and your social skills give you an enormous edge in many areas . You don't really care what the "haters" think, do you? You are the best person I can think of to promote poker in a positive way FWIW.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM

On the one hand people are over sensitive about stuff they percieve as racism. Most seem to be white and are probably guilty for something their grandparents did or something.

On the other hand you are a [censored] idiot for doing it. Your a celeb of sorts, and are in the public eye constantly. If you dont want to think about your future prospects in marketing yourself, at least think about how all poker players get tarred with the same brush when one of the most well known ones gets accused of being racist.

Sometimes there is a difference between being right and doing right.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to whether those same people that found my video blog to be offensive also find this clip offensive as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs08a4D0lgg

He is a real actor, is actually funny, and is doing the skit with a black man. Aside from that, is there anything different about the face paint he used and the face paint that I used? If you found my skit offensive, I'm assuming that you felt this Dan Akroyd bit was equally offensive?

If not, please explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel,

Humor involving race, politics, religion, sexual orientation, or any other hot button topic will always offend somebody and beget flame wars. It's just the way it is.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM

The problem is you have a lot of people watching and reading your blogs. Even if 80% of them love you and 20% don't like you, that 20% will relish the opportunity to nail you on this. If you made your blog only available to your friends, you wouldn't have a problem. That's the risk you take putting it online - but it's also why the 80% of people love you and will play at FCP and buy your books.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-15-2007, 10:16 PM

well i didnt find your skit offensive nor did i find the TP skit offensive.

However, i reckon that if Trading Places was released in 2007, the PC police would clamp down hard on it. Sign O' the Times