Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Default So I 3 bet preflop with AKo...

and now I'm considering checking TPTK.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero?

I know it's a horrible idea. But I've seen villian raise 4 hands in this session prior to this and on each 1 he check folded to whomever cold called behind him after they bet. Only once did he bet and that was with KQ and he hit top pair.
Should I ever check against this type of villian?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: So I 3 bet preflop with AKo...

You probably have the best hand, bet for value, no free cards for SD or FD.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I've seen villian raise 4 hands in this session prior to this and on each 1 he check folded to whomever cold called behind him after they bet. Only once did he bet and that was with KQ and he hit top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so why does this make you start thinking that doing something -EV is a good idea? Is he going to put in bets when a blank falls on the turn? Does it make you happy if he does? How do you know he didn't also hit TP? How do you know he doesn't have a fd that he'll call down?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 PM

There are a lot of combos of AT, AJ, AQ you are going to get paid off big with here and he often calls down 99-KK. If he's continuing to fold in this circumstance 3bet his raises with ATC and bet the flop until he catches on.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 PM

*grunch*

what happens when it checks through and a spade falls on the turn? are you going to check TPTK again? bet all day long
Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM

Our hand is both powerful and vulnerable. Leading out is the right thing to do. Not leading out because we think our opponent plays incorrectly would be a serious mistake. Our goal is to play correctly and profit because our opponents do not.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Does it change anything if it were a rainbow flop?

If he bets the flop I have 2 options raise or call or wait for the turn b/c he is unlikely to bet anything but top pair.

If he checks the flop I can still lead the turn, giving him a chance to catch up if he doesn't have an A.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know it's a horrible idea. But I've seen villian raise 4 hands in this session prior to this and on each 1 he check folded to whomever cold called behind him after they bet. Only once did he bet and that was with KQ and he hit top pair.
Should I ever check against this type of villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm just bet. There are many Aces he can have here which you crush. If he folds.. oh well, you win the pot. If he is passive enough to c/f everytime but one after a PF raise, what are you hoping he does here? Do you really think he is going to bet his JJ or whatever? If he has AJ/AQ, he's gonna call your bet anyhow. Giving him free cards is bad.

Serious question : What is it that you are trying to accomplish by checking this flop and hoe does it help you?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM

well most likely he will miss the turn, and you will bet, and he will fold for a BB, when there's probably a better chance of him calling one SB on the flop. I don't see how you can talk yourself into anything other than betting here, maybe i'm missing something.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he checks the flop I can still lead the turn, giving him a chance to catch up if he doesn't have an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands does he hold here that you want him to "catch-up" with?