Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]

Its a wonder NO REAL PRO's post here,and most of the posts even in the HS arena are litterd with scams,AIM sceename thefts,money transfers to theives,whatever

2+2 should be embarressed bigtime by the behavior lately of 90% of the posts/threads

Where is Mason M or David S..or his son and the rest of the BS mod squad running this disgrace of a [censored] webisite?

How does ANYONE run a business like this.....oh I forgot ....you just worry about selling more books to the idiots who CANT play poker to begin with..lol.

I guess that business model is working is quite well

Stephen Feraca

[/ QUOTE ]

Too busy banning posters for hurting their feelings or for suggesting ways to make the site better imo. Don't have time to ban scammers.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah bones, and your the tard with 5k+ posts. i got accounts and no rakeback and i'm beating the games. always have and always will be.

2+2 is 95% know it all losers. mods can ban me any time they feel like but i'm sticking with my words. my only reason for coming here is to get a feel for how most people in the poker world "think". i can easily see i have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

cliffnotes:

everyone here is a bunch of know it all losers.
you can not be a loser by being like this guy and insulting strangers over the internet.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM

Cash game poker is sick enough, I'm kind of glad I never played tournaments early on and was forced to learn how to grind
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shannon should just take a break for 6 months or a year. Poker gets boring after a while especially if you aren't winning. Taking a break gets your mind off of the disgusting beats and other frustrations.

Honestly though, if I won $1,000,000+ after taxes, I would invest 90% of and live off the interest. That's $50,000+/year to live off of. But I'm just a huge nit without a million in the bank. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a smart man.

most will never understand what poker's true meaning is. its a game about yourself. who are you on the inside. most people think there is some big secret to unlock and even though i agree that there is a fair amount of knowledge to be learned, the bottom line is if you are weak mentally.

poker will always be profitable for the mentally strong. i cant tell you all how many ive seen come and go or blow up at the moment of truth. the pressure gets to people. no amount of knowing what to do with j9 suited is going to help if you are weak on the inside.

this thread has really pissed me off. i think shannon is a classic case of someone who was spoiled with early success and didnt really have a clue about the big picture..... now its a "stupid" game.

he's absolutely right though. it is a stupid game filled with negativity and ugliness. but if someone is going to start something, then finish it strong. quit when your on top. dont be a pussy and quit when the cruel bitch aint showin love. fight back or shut up and run back to college, your girlfriend or momma.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always get a kick out of people who knock frat guys too. Has anyone ever heard anyone who actually was in a frat regret their experience? No, they all have a great time and make a bunch of great friends. Jealousy is a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha yeah shallow retards don't know they're retarded or shallow, or don't care. I totally agree, Stinger.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah being in a group of 1 that hates and errantly pigeonholes every frat boy is much much cooler. i totally agree cero
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I probably should dedicate more time to reading/studying the game and players like some guys do. I just don't want to invest any more time into this stupid game than I already do."

Doesn't any good job require this anyway? This might be the worst few lines in any poker blog ever. Hes saying I really want to turn around my results, but I don't want to put in the time or the effort to become better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ this completely.

No offense to Shannon, I have heard he is quite good, but there are like 4 ppl in the entire world who can really make a living at online MTTs. There just isn't a enough high stakes volume available (and no, I do not think the 20r and 100fo is high stakes). If you could 8 table 215s then yea, itd be a good way to make a living, but you can't and it's just a terrible idea to be a professional MTT player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That people can expect this job to be so much easier than a regular job that you don't have to work hard to stay in business is an unfortunate result of the fact that winning money can be very easy in the short run, along with the fact that online poker was much easier to beat two years ago.

I'm sure Shannon is a good guy and a skilled poker player, but you have to treat this job like a job to be certain of success. This doesn't have to mean adhering to a strict schedule or being a perfect bankroll manager or being a total workhorse, but it does mean you have to work to improve, because other people are. If he doesn't want "to invest more time in this stupid game" than he already is, then he's probably better off doing something else. There's nothing wrong with doing something else, but that something else is sure to include stupid things that aren't fun to do. No free lunch, and all. Playing poker for a living is certainly mentally draining and even physically stressful, and there are plenty of reasons not to do it, but anyone who thinks poker suddenly isn't worth it because it is hard work has run too well to realize that it should be.

I'm not sure how Ansky is defining "making a living" at mtts, but there's no need for high stakes at all - one can make a living wage playing 60/45s or even 20/180s, let alone 22r/$50-$100 freezouts; I highly doubt there are only four people in the world capable of this. I realize he was exaggerating and that cash games are a steadier source of income (and that playing cash games is likely the better decision for the majority of poker players capable of both).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I wouldn't want to play poker for a living if I wasn't making huge amounts of money... I mean I'm sure I could 25 table the 20/180s, or 16 table .25/.50 nl, and make more than most jobs, but it still wouldn't do it for me.

When I say 4 ppl... I mean ppl like menlo, imper1um, randal, sctrojans, whoever-- ppl who put in huge volume and are just fantastic poker players. I'm sure there are more who do it, but I imagine that shannon is expecting huge results when it just isn't attainable for almost anybody playing the schedule that he is playing. I may be wrong about the last sentence thought.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Step 1: Go deep into a few tournaments when you start out

Step 2: Over estimate your poker and money management capabilities

Step 3: Come to the realization that live tournament poker, after expenses and taxes, is almost impossible to come out ahead on (esp. since losses cannot be carry forward)

Step 4: Wake up to reality and start having a productive life and relasionships
sounds vaguely familiar apart from step4 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 PM

This thread has just gotten stupid. I have followed Shannon for a while(both being from Alabama and having gone to UofA). However the fact is this isn't a big deal or worth our time. People burn out all the time and switch directions.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

I want to go see Tool. How do I not hear about the good shows until it's to late to get tickets?

Also, everyone goes through the phase of "I hate poker, it's boring and stupid". You'll settle down and play more cash games (I'd suggest omaha games).
Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah bones, and your the tard with 5k+ posts. i got accounts and no rakeback and i'm beating the games. always have and always will be.

2+2 is 95% know it all losers. mods can ban me any time they feel like but i'm sticking with my words. my only reason for coming here is to get a feel for how most people in the poker world "think". i can easily see i have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

cliffnotes:

everyone here is a bunch of know it all losers.
you can not be a loser by being like this guy and insulting strangers over the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are another know it all dumbass with 10k+ posts. maybe that gives you credibility in these forums but it dont mean squat to me. i said "most".....not "all". once again, another dweeb who cant read.

insults make up 60% of the threads in these pathetic posts. nothing you losers are going to say is going to rattle me. all you guys care about is how witty or what kind of approval you get from your loser know it all peers in here.

i never seen a bigger bunch of dishonorable know it alls in my life. you all get rakeback and what not and still cant beat the games. bunch of bonus mongers.

and salazarrrrrrr........f u 2.