Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Blog - SEO Question

A while back, I remember someone saying that you want your blog articles to resemble a Wikipedia article, i.e. numerous outgoing links to other websites. Presumably this would help your Google ranking. But I also thought that one of the key factors in Google's rankings is the ratio of incoming to outgoing links? Wouldn't adding more outbound links hurt this ratio, thereby hurting my ranking? Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Blog - SEO Question

I'm not a pro at SEO by any means, but outbound links won't hurt you as far as I understand. However, inbound links will more heavily weight your page rank since this will determine how popular/useful your site actually is.

The desire for inbound links is why I today started working to get reciprocal links with other blogs by performing reviews of one-another's sites.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:31 AM

Outbound links will only hurt you if they are links to sites that are linking back to you. They wont actualy hurt you, but they will cancle out the incoming links.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:28 PM

outbound links help you because google considers it to be 'better' content than someone who only wants you to stay on their own page.

incoming links are quite important for pagerank and other rankings, but google cares about much more than just inbound links and pagerank.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 PM

I'd worry about writing good content that people want to read before worrying about link ratios. When you write good content you get freebie inbound links from people like us who post a link in this forum to cool blog articles.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd worry about writing good content that people want to read before worrying about link ratios. When you write good content you get freebie inbound links from people like us who post a link in this forum to cool blog articles.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

made for adsense (MFA) sites are generally only linked from directories and places where the creators linked them for traffic. They are bad for the internet.

Write good content and getting traffic becomes MUCH easier