Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: American Gangster leaked online one week before release

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone that cares, this is wrong. Right now is getting into some of the best time to pirate movies because monvies that come out in theaters are also instantly put on DVD to send to award voters to watch. Although it's extremely illegal and someone got busted for big bucks a few years ago (I believe it was for one of the LOTR movies), they always end up online.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok sorry. Up until this movie for the past 3 years no movies have been released with a dvd rip quality before it was in theatres or even a month after it was in theaters. Most are released a month before the DVD is released. Whether this trend changes, it may, but as of right now thats how its been untl American Gangster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with you.

Back in 2000-2002 or so it was very common to get DVD screeners right around the time (or slightly before) movies came out in theaters.

Lately this hasn't been happening. They've been EXTREMELY controlled and they rarely make it out before opening weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were even going so far as to individually watermark DVDs so they know exactly who to blame when it gets pirated.

It's becoming reasonably common now to get the captures straight from projectors (the audio, at least) and to shoot video from the projection booth. Some of these telesync releases look near DVD quality.

With the recent advent of R5 retail dvd releases, however, the goal is to release the dvd retail at the same time as the DVD screeners so that they effectively beat the pirates to market.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's becoming reasonably common now to get the captures straight from projectors (the audio, at least) and to shoot video from the projection booth. Some of these telesync releases look near DVD quality.

[/ QUOTE ] I wouldnt say theyre that close. Most kind of suck. Some and most are watchable but not very enjoyable.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:47 PM

If anyone's wondering American Gangster the upcoming Jay-Z album apparently inspired by the movie has also leaked.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For anyone that cares, this is wrong. Right now is getting into some of the best time to pirate movies because monvies that come out in theaters are also instantly put on DVD to send to award voters to watch. Although it's extremely illegal and someone got busted for big bucks a few years ago (I believe it was for one of the LOTR movies), they always end up online.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok sorry. Up until this movie for the past 3 years no movies have been released with a dvd rip quality before it was in theatres or even a month after it was in theaters. Most are released a month before the DVD is released. Whether this trend changes, it may, but as of right now thats how its been untl American Gangster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read what I just wrote? This happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR right around this time of year. American Gangster is a tad bit early for things, as the DVD Screeners usually hit beginning of November, but this is very much common.

I'll say it again... these rips come from new theater movies that are put right onto DVD's so they can send them out to voters of award shows. Most are now encoded with some kind of tracking devices so they can link back to the person who first got the screener.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:56 PM

my dad gets a bunch of screeners for voting in the SAG awards which is strange because i think every SAG member gets to vote.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you not read what I just wrote? This happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR right around this time of year. American Gangster is a tad bit early for things, as the DVD Screeners usually hit beginning of November, but this is very much common.

I'll say it again... these rips come from new theater movies that are put right onto DVD's so they can send them out to voters of award shows. Most are now encoded with some kind of tracking devices so they can link back to the person who first got the screener.

[/ QUOTE ] sorry Im pretty sick and not thinking totally straight. I thought you said it happens all the time, as in all year.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you know what you are talking about. DVD screeners always hit this time of year due to the upcoming awards. Often these screeners are for movies that have not even been released or are playing on limited screens. These are DVD or near-DVD quality releases.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you know what you are talking about. DVD screeners always hit this time of year due to the upcoming awards. Often these screeners are for movies that have not even been released or are playing on limited screens. These are DVD or near-DVD quality releases.

[/ QUOTE ] ^^^^^^^
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Hostel 2 was early. Simpsons was early. There have been a few other ones too.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Why do movies always come as a bunch of RAR files that when extracted turn into a file the same size as all of the compressed files? Why don't they just upload the image file to begin with?

The movie is pretty solid btw, worth a watch.