Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: nl200 fropped a frush vs. unknown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly like the turn bet here. The guy check/flat-calls a 3-bet on the flop, really bizarre/strong, then checks again after the board pairs. I guess you want to charge the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but it's a bizarre line for him to take with that holding and I think you are crushed here way too often. So let him draw if he's drawing then make a crying call on the river I guess on a blank, or just show it down.

As played, sigh and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn bet is fine. There's still lots of value to be had from KxQc type hands that make up a lot of his range and that unknowns will call multiple barrels with. It sucks hero got minraised but I still think a bet is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. KxQc? That's a reach, and there are 3 of those hands, vs. how many higher flushes and sets?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else would an unknown play that type of hand on the flop? Note I'm not saying it's a big part of his range following his turn minraise, but when it's hero's first action on the turn I think one-pair+FDs or even just FDs is just as big of a part of his range as sets and higher flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree, so I guess there's not much more to be said.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: nl200 fropped a frush vs. unknown

pineapple,
based on the flop action, and the turn card we need to keep betting because when the turn card hits we still have not been shown that we are behind and his range is still somewhat wide. checking behind on the turn loses value vs. TP and club draws. it is only once he raises the turn that his range shrivels up and is much smaller