Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 11:29 AM

Default LAG Austrians on Party mid stakes bots?

Anybody noticed the LAG Austrians on Party? They play pretty similar in style and all of them 1-table. I tried to chat with them and they won`t answer. Are they bots?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Re: LAG Austrians on Party mid stakes bots?

I can't see bots as being LAG, not that I know much about it. Also, did you try to speak to them in German?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:29 PM

The known Party bots were pretty LAG pre and post, I did not speak to them in German but every Austrian able to log into an online poker site is able to answer to: Where in Austria are you from?
What I find strange is that there are many players showing up in the Party midstakes from a relaitvely small country all playing a similar style (like 35/25).
Old 12-03-2006, 02:14 PM

I'm from the UK, but players are not bound to be able to speak English though most Austrian/Germans speak some English. I didn't realise that known bots were LAG, it would seem harder to program but I'm no expert. I guess you could write to Party if you had genuine reasons for concern - assuming that setting up bots is technically against their rules!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm from the UK, but players are not bound to be able to speak English though most Austrian/Germans speak some English. I didn't realise that known bots were LAG, it would seem harder to program but I'm no expert. I guess you could write to Party if you had genuine reasons for concern - assuming that setting up bots is technically against their rules!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx

We are aware of the several BOT Poker Programs in the market that are designed to allow a program to play poker. These programs run independently on a player's computer and so there is no foolproof method to detect and prevent their usage completely. They are designed to play poker as a human, therefore it is not possible to detect a BOT program through the game play.

Our principle aim has always been to provide a safe and fair gaming environment. On this we will not compromise.

We are committed to detect and prevent software programs such as these from playing on our site. Such programs are often designed to send information about cards or players to an external program.

We prohibit this practice at our site and will use all necessary methods.(including but not limited to, screen scraping or reading the list of currently running programs on a player's computer)

It should be noted that although BOTs are frowned upon because they are computer programs they actually play poker at a level that is considered below average to that of a human player.

NOTE: Your Account username and password are confidential information. No one from the company will ever ask for your password in a phone call or email. Do not respond to any requests that ask for your password.

Sunitha
PartyPoker Customer Care

Mwhahahahahah like there gonna bother,i emailed them with 5 screenames. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It should be noted that although BOTs are frowned upon because they are computer programs they actually play poker at a level that is considered below average to that of a human player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those days are gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
ALthough the Austrians showing up I suspect being bots are probably a lot worse than the one`s Party recently banned. I advise everybody playing in the mid stakes there to keep their eyes open to detect leaks and exploit them.

One of the suspects made a very strange play today:
I open on the BT, SB calls, suspect in the BB 3-bets.
Three to the flop for 9SB. It comes 853 r. Both check. I bet. SB calls. BB FOLDS. How can you ever make this play? I do not get it.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:49 PM

Maybe he is colluding with sb.

First he gets in a lot of bets preflop for sb's AA. Then he folds so he doesnt give you odds to draw out on sb.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:26 PM

Obv not a bot then!!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:12 AM

come on, don't be so paranoid.
i am from austria and we just play bad! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 AM

After all, what did you expect from players from Schwarzie's land, 100% humanoid weaktight pussies? ... wrong!