Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Full Tilt Answers 10/18

Hello all,

I'm seeing numerous Full Tilt threads and getting a few PM's, so I'll try to address things that haven't been answered yet all in one thread. I'll probably keep an eye on the Zoo the most, so feel free to post any other questions that might pop up from other categories if I miss them.

Also note that I am not in Customer Service. If you have questions about your individual account, your best bet is always to e-mail Support@FullTiltPoker.com. I don't have the authority to do much in that department, though if something is clearly wrong (such as having your account frozen for two weeks and not knowing why), go ahead and PM me and I'll see if I can help. Just don't come to me first.

Now I'll try to address some questions and comments that I've seen:

1. Mac users experiencing lag since our last software update.

We are aware of the problem, and hope to be able to release a new version of the software by Friday night. We first became aware of the problem by seeing the forum posts, so thanks for that. As some people have noticed, you are best off by selecting the "Tournament" or "SNG" lobby while you play, since this limits the amount of data you are getting from the software (see below).

2. Where did the custom ring game tab go?

It's somewhat related to #1. To handle the new traffic we've been getting, you may have noticed we changed the design of our ring game lobbies. Data is constantly traveling to lobbies (people sitting down and leaving tables), so we cut down the number of tables per lobby (by splitting up real money and play money). This means there is less data flying around while you are playing at tables, which means the game should run smoother for you.

We plan to bring back some kind of custom filtering, though we do have to go back to the drawing board. In the short term, we will further segment the ring game lobbies (Low stakes, medium stakes, high stakes) so that should make it easier to find your games.

I have to agree that it's a 'downgrade' to the user right now, but it does keep our bandwidth down which will keep lag to a minimum as the site continues to grow.

3. What is the story with Tournament/SNG E-mail Summaries?

I hate to give dates for things since unexpected things have a way of popping up and pushing everything back, but these should hopefully be in before 2007. In the 'Options' menu, players will be able to check "E-mail me Tournament Summaries" and "E-mail me SNG Summaries". We have some people here who keep in touch with Pat from PokerTracker so I'm sure compatibility there will not be a problem.

4. What about other good stuff? Resizable tables, rebuys, buddy list, tournament dollars...

It's all on the to-do list. Believe me, however badly you guys want it, we want it five times more. Our immediate priority is to make sure we can handle a large number of players, and that those players have a good experience on the current software. Once that is taken care of, I think you will see a lot of cool features pop up. Mixed ring games are next on the list, and should be here within a month (Even though I hate giving dates).

5. The last hand window only shows the showdown and the players hands, is there any way to see the betting history?

Check the bottom left of the Last Hand window, where the chat box would normally be. It let's you scroll through the action in the hand.

Also make sure you are saving Hand Histories to your hard drive, since this does not happen by default. To make it happen, you have to go to the 'Options' menu and click on 'Hand History...'

I hope that helps, and feel free to ask more questions in this thread.

I also wanted to take a second to thank the 2+2 Full Tilter's, old and new. The regulars have played a big part in our growth, and they helped us get big enough that the new players have plenty of games to choose from. We truly believed we were on our way to becoming the number #1 online site, and the events of the last few weeks have turned out to be a catalyst.

On the whole, you may be a bunch of bonus whoring, 8-tabling rocks that take more money off the site than you put on...but that's very important to the poker economy, and we certainly value your feature suggestions and bug reports. You have no idea how many 2+2 (and other forum) threads get sent around our office. You guys have a lot of poker knowledge, and by becoming a regular in the community, I hope to give a lot of information as well as receive a lot.

Sincerely, thanks.

Doug
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt Answers 10/18

can you make HU sngs w/no escalating blinds? that would be sweet and no other site has them
Old 10-19-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you make HU sngs w/no escalating blinds? that would be sweet and no other site has them

[/ QUOTE ]

omg nh
Old 10-19-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Mac users experiencing lag since our last software update.

We are aware of the problem, and hope to be able to release a new version of the software by Friday night. We first became aware of the problem by seeing the forum posts, so thanks for that. As some people have noticed, you are best off by selecting the "Tournament" or "SNG" lobby while you play, since this limits the amount of data you are getting from the software (see below).

2. Where did the custom ring game tab go?

It's somewhat related to #1. To handle the new traffic we've been getting, you may have noticed we changed the design of our ring game lobbies. Data is constantly traveling to lobbies (people sitting down and leaving tables), so we cut down the number of tables per lobby (by splitting up real money and play money). This means there is less data flying around while you are playing at tables, which means the game should run smoother for you.

We plan to bring back some kind of custom filtering, though we do have to go back to the drawing board. In the short term, we will further segment the ring game lobbies (Low stakes, medium stakes, high stakes) so that should make it easier to find your games.

I have to agree that it's a 'downgrade' to the user right now, but it does keep our bandwidth down which will keep lag to a minimum as the site continues to grow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain how having a custom tab increases load on the server? A properly designed custom tab should be a client side feature that would reduce the load on the server.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an awesome idea
Old 10-19-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever.

Nice post Doug, hopefully FTP can maintain a great relationship in the future with the players who pay the most rake [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mixed ring games are next on the list, and should be here within a month (Even though I hate giving dates).

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the chances we might see mixed NL/PL games? Perhaps NLHE, PLO and PLO/8 or something?

Are we likely to see just the standard HOSE,HORSE mixed?

What about just HO?
Old 10-19-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mixed ring games are next on the list, and should be here within a month (Even though I hate giving dates).

[/ QUOTE ]

i guarantee you'll make a lot more money if you focus on

[ QUOTE ]
Resizable tables, rebuys, buddy list, tournament dollars...

[/ QUOTE ]

these are the things that people who play A TON of poker are really concerned with. in fact, i literally believe that if you attract one player who will regularly play 30+ hrs per week to your site you will make more money than if you had attracted 10 new players who are interested in playing "mixed ring games." By the way, i think adding "mixed ring games" is VERY important to the long term sustainability of your site but right now you need to snatch up the Party refugees who each willingly pay thousands of dollars in rake.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 AM

i'm still thinking about your post and i just wanted to say that you guys (you and all the other poker sites vying for americans shafted by the recent legislation) are really in an incredible position to clean house. Instead of talking about how much you want to get this that and the other thing done and concentrating on all the obstacles precluding this that and the other thing from happening, you should be hiring new help, paying double overtime and concentrating on making your site absolutely perfect. Party had the best site and that's why they had the vast majority of players. you could have that but you're gonna have to bust your ass starting now. we put a man on the moon for god's sake and you can't make a proper buddy list????!!! I swear i'm not saying these things to be a dick but i'm just astounded at the wishy washy banter i hear coming out of the administrative ranks of the various poker sites.

by the way, i would suggest reading the official stars suggestions post in this forum. most of it applies to full tilt.