Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Meh, A3s 3-way

I don't understand the logic being used here, considering the aciton, the RR pot, and our hand, SB is always betting the turn pushing us out when we miss, so we really only are counting are chances of hitting it on the next card, cause if we just call we arent seeing the river if we miss. I don't see how you can possibly say I have the odds cause I have 2 cards to come when you aren't gonna see the 2nd card when you miss. That's jsut dumb IMO. You can then counter and say when can you ever call on the flop then? But I am talking about these circumstances making it clear that we either hit on turn or we're being pushed out of this pot or putting our entire stack in with bad odds.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 AM

no, implied odds. we need 4:1 ish, we're getting 3:1 which means we need to make up $42 on turn or the river, which should be easy. It's really that simple.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:41 AM

$42 x 4 when you miss.
$174 x 1 when you hit, if you can guarantee a 100% you get all his money in when we hit flush on the turn, which I don't think you can.

Meaning in the long run this play is barley +EV if it is at all cause you can't guarantee all his money.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:44 AM

yeah turn is the easiest fold.
What I dont like is the smooth call to UTGs bet. IMO this is an absolutely standard spot to 3b, you simply HAVE TO.
If hes not folding any Ace here, which I think is not totally true, well who cares, we are almost flipping with slick, no problem if he shoves. But most of the time if he has an ace, he is just calling, and well if he has AT AJ, he might just lay it down. If he calls, he probably is checking river, so we might just decide to check behind and get a free river.
Now, as played and SBs raise on the flop, I feel u took the best line, shoving now is not profitable, because SBs range, if u say hes tight, is way ahead of us, and we have 9 outs instead of 12, and no fold equity to justify shoving.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah turn is the easiest fold.
What I dont like is the smooth call to UTGs bet. IMO this is an absolutely standard spot to 3b, you simply HAVE TO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, you never HAVE TO do anything, calling here isn't that worse than raising. It's giving the blind the chance to tag along with a hand we prolly have crushed.

BTW OP, you played it fine op as long as you're mixing up your calling frequency with raises I see no problem with this hand.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:11 AM

preflop isn't really profitable long term.

raise the flop because the real equity in draws is not what makes them profitable, it's the amount of times we take the pot down without going to show down.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 AM

I think people are forgetting that if the flush card hits on the turn, SB most likely isn't drawing dead.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 AM

ok ur right u never HAVE TO do anything, just raise 90% of the time in that spot.
When I wrote that he probably is checking river I meant turn.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 AM

Played fine, except preflop which is a pretty fair leak,
Old 10-01-2007, 08:19 AM

ron, I'm not a fan of your math. If we stack him 100% we're getting over 7:1 on the call. Sure we don't always do that but we only need yo win about $45 on average to break even.

I think this hand is standard, except preflop.