Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: He did NOT pay $19k

[ QUOTE ]

toyota's last forever!

[/ QUOTE ]

holla! land cruiser FTW

p.s. Ed, have you run into any conspiracy materials suggesting that Toyotas might be made by aliens, which non-Earthly construction might explain Toyotas' amazing lifespan?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Brag or Beat: Just bought a 2007 Yaris

all I can say is...lol

2003 ACURA RSX, Type S $11,900

Old 02-04-2007, 02:35 AM

i looked through the thread, but i didnt see you mention what interest rate you are paying on the finance. Also, what is gap insurance?!

I ask because I just bought a 07 civic coupe LX (my first car... ever...) for 16.5k (18.1k out the door), with 3.2k down, and my payments are just under $300 for 60 months (although i plan to pay this off much sooner).

edit: so im financing ~15k at 5.9% and my payments are the same as you? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2007, 02:54 AM

Ahahahaha just googled GAP insurance. It insures the car for what you owe on it over its value according to your insurance policy. Basically he bought insurance on the depreciation on his new car.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahahahaha just googled GAP insurance. It insures the car for what you owe on it over its value according to your insurance policy. Basically he bought insurance on the depreciation on his new car.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just googled it as well. So basically what im getting from it, gap insurance is incase you total the car immediately after you buy it. Then the insurance pays for the difference between how much you owe and the cars worth. Is this correct?

How much did OP to pay for this insurance? It doesnt seem very helpful [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No its not. You could buy a decent used honda civic for much less and they are very reliable. I just looked on KBB and a 2000 honda civic with 80K miles and in good condition goes for about 6.5K. Much better deal than spending 19K on a new car that to be honest is not really that much nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot to mention that I am planning on eventually selling it when I graduate college, and I think it will have more value then than a 2000 civic would. I'm looking purely at the long-run because I'm working full time during the summer and not having extra money now is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

you paid too much.

new cars = overpriced.

you should have found something for around $10,000, which, could buy you something very nice + more cool.

it's good that you're building credit, and if you like the car so be it, but you're spending too much money.

i would have reccomended a late 90's acura of some sort. acura makes some great cars that hold resale value.

lol@ you saying 'eventually i'm planning on selling it when i graduate college' ......really? you're not going to drive it until you're 40?

oh, and this thing will be worth about $6K in five years.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all I can say is...lol

2003 ACURA RSX, Type S $11,900

[/ QUOTE ]

nice car.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:13 AM

I was hoping to open this thread tonight and see that the OP had listened to all the sound advice in this thread and at least got a better interest rate - too bad.

You will likely be taken advatage of the rest of your life - not b/c you have to, but b/c you are unwilling to listen to sound advice when it is right in front of you - and b/c you are clearly not willing to put in the legwork yourself.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to open this thread tonight and see that the OP had listened to all the sound advice in this thread and at least got a better interest rate - too bad.

You will likely be taken advatage of the rest of your life - not b/c you have to, but b/c you are unwilling to listen to sound advice when it is right in front of you - and b/c you are clearly not willing to put in the legwork yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. OP, please try to get a lower interest loan (are your parents willing to cosign?). And try to cancel that gap insurance if possible, it seems very -EV.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just googled it as well. So basically what im getting from it, gap insurance is incase you total the car immediately after you buy it. Then the insurance pays for the difference between how much you owe and the cars worth. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the idea behind gap insurance. I'm surprised that everybody has to google to figure out what this is. Some financiers require this kind of insurance. It's similar to mortgage insurance for those who buy houses with less than 20% down.