Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 03:18 AM

Default 5NL: How do you play these spots? FPS?

I don't like positions like this, but I occasionally misplay a hand so poorly that I end up here. I don't know if other sites are like Pokerstars, but this is rock and min-bet central at 5NL at the time I play. Sometimes I have to check if I'm playing limit the way these guys play with minbets and minraises.

Villain is basically an unknown. I think I had 20 hands on this table at this point. I feel like I butchered this hand and I didn't even want to be involved with it to begin with.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $5.91
UTG+1: $5.40
MP: $9.69
CO: $1.95
BTN: $5.12
SB: $2.67
Hero (BB): $8.34

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.17) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.05</font>, Hero calls $0.05, UTG folds

<font color="blue"> Even though I wanted to fold this, for 4:1 I could call, right? In my experience, villains at 5NL who do this usually do it with bottom pair or middle pair. Like I said, though, it's min-bet city.</font>

Turn: ($0.27) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.05</font>, Hero calls $0.05

<font color="blue">Now with my trips I wanted to trap him into putting more money into the pot in the river with a bare A or a 2, so I flat call his retarded minbet.</font>

River: ($0.37) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.05</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $0.75 and is All-In

<font color="blue">Perfect card for me. Now I have the top end of a full house. I lead out and get raised and get villain all in. I figure at worst we chop.</font>

Do you abandon this hand at any point?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 5NL: How do you play these spots? FPS?

Not abandoning this hand at any point, but probably 2/3ing the pot on turn.