Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Poker in AC

i'm leavin in ~6 hrs for a 2-day poker trip to atlantic city. why AC? well cos i've only been there once and it was a long time ago. i wanna go play live somewhere different than what i'm used to (florida, vegas, caribbean) and i have 2 days of freedom. anyways, i'm takin $2.5k w/ me for poker and wanted to ask u guys what's the best place to play for like 24 hrs in AC? this is what i'm lookin for:

1. i feel comfortable w/ my designated bankroll playin NLHE: 2-5, LHE: 5-10 & prolly 10-20, O8: 10-20 . if there's a game that i should be takin a shot at b/c it's usually very soft (up to 5-10 NLHE or 20-40 LHE or O8) i could go to the atm or write a check @ the cashier if i need to but i shouldn't spend more than $5k on this trip.

2. i'm lookin for an easy game. where's the place where the regs are the biggest fish? the most tourists? @ what games? what limits?

3. complimentary food (buffet or w/e) for players after certain amount of hrs @ the tables?

4. a lot of tables and regularly frequented so i can perform game selection instead of havin to play a specific game cos that's the only one they got runnin.

my skill level:

i'm not great (yet) but w/out doubt above avg. i play mid stakes for a livin online (not gettin rich but payin my bills on time). i also keep stats on the sessions i've had live (not enough cos i usually have to travel). live so far i've beaten for a few hundred hrs the 1/2 and 2/5 NLHE, 5-10LHE & 2-4 O8. i've also taken shots live @ 10-20 NLHE and 4-8 O8 and won $ in both but only for a few hrs so i don't count it as "beatin the game". one last thing: i suck @ online SNGs (still can't figure out why) but have won more than my fair share of online and live MTTs.

i'm only playin wednesday and thursday (thanksgivin) which sucks but that's the only days i'm free to take a trip in november. so B&M peeps, please gimme some advice on AC.