Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Is it normal to lose with AA this much at Stars?

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know where you got those results but there not mine, they look good though, nice computer work there.

[/ QUOTE ]

email from stars support...we all feel like we get our monsters cracked and over short periods we will but unless you want to post more than a few token hands you will continue to get the deserved ridicule...it's poker...AA is not a 100% lock over anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:21 PM

How many times are questions like this are going to come up?

God...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:26 PM

Sometimes I win with my AA and other times it loses.
It doesn't seem to be consistent in the least.
Just when I think it's never going to win again I get on a hot-streak with it and win 17 in a row or something.

One time I had AA and the other guy had KK but he got a K on the flop and was ahead. But then I got an A on the river so I won the hand. He said that the site was "rigged".

I hit a 1-outer before. I had a set of 5's and my opponent had a set of A's. But I hit quads on the river. It was very exciting.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM

ssync are those hands you had AA all in preflop or both all in and played with all 5 cards out? I had emailed PS a while back and they said that I had to email them from the account that I had listed which was AOL but I no longer have them so Ill email them back and see what they say.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ssync are those hands you had AA all in preflop or both all in and played with all 5 cards out? I had emailed PS a while back and they said that I had to email them from the account that I had listed which was AOL but I no longer have them so Ill email them back and see what they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno stox but bottom lines are simple:

1) if you think it's rigged (and specifically against you) stop playing on site
2) you are well within your rights to open fold AA if you think that this will help yur bottom line

aside from letting you post a mild overwritten rant what are you looking for from the forum on this???
Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM

why did you post hands u won w/ AA in a thread when ur complaining. GG OP
Old 10-23-2007, 02:29 PM

AA is good if you can take the pot down pre-flop. Otherwise, fold on Stars after the flop as someone could have a straight, flush, two pair, or set. Sometimes, these superior hands happen later on the river if you don't check/fold the flop. AA is rarely the nuts.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy in front of me pushed all in with AsQd and I was staring at AA and excited

[/ QUOTE ]

superuser?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM

...all the time
Old 10-23-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA gets killed alot on jokerstars, in fact all the big pairs get taken down like half the time by someone calling with a smaller pair making a set. Ive lost AA like 7 of my last 10 times ive had it. Lost AA to 44 all in 3 straight times...lost AA to QQ, I made a set and he gutshot a straigh on the river. Last night I got AA in first position and hoped someone would raise but no one did. The flop came T34, I just bet a little guy called etc....he flipped over TT,had made a set on the flop on me. To tell you the truth AA all in against any pocket pair is a little over a coin flip. I kept track of 88 times I had AA all in against only 22-kk and I won 47 times, thats 54%, I could have kept track of 880 and it would have been similar results. Oh yeah my last time I had AA it was like 3 hands into a MTT blinds were 20 I raised to 180 and one guy called....flop came QJK and I knew I was screwed but I pushed all in hoping the guy was on a draw and would give up but he clown turned over J2 and rivered the 9 to knock me out.
Ive got a theory on why the ambush AA so much and KK and QQ. How much money do you think they make in a 24 hour day by popping big pairs in cash games. You know you have 145.00 in a cash game and get AA, you raise up 25.00 and get called by 88 flop comes J83 and you lose all your chips and jokerstars picks up 3 or 4 bucks or whatever extra rake now do that times two or three or four thousand times a day 365 days a year and thats alot of motivation but I feel your pain. Its statistically impossible for the best hand to lose as often as it does all in preflop, there is obviously some nefarious going on at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?