Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:09 AM

Default When to shove this monsterdraw ? NL25

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($25)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($17.25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($26.05)</font>
BB ($25.15)
UTG ($5.65)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($28.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $21.8 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $13 (All-In).

It is my first Orbit, no real stats yet. Villain seems loose bot is not a maniac.

PF: No need to raise this one OOP
Flop: I wanted to push right here, but i really like my hand and want to extract maximum value. I bet a little bit more than potsize. Good ?
Turn: Time to get it in, villain has only 13$ left. Actually i want him to fold now.. Too late ?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: When to shove this monsterdraw ? NL25

Lead the flop!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 AM

As already said, lead flop. It looks like a donkbet and you might get extra action =&gt; easier to get the money in.

I would raise the flop more, perhaps $5.5. CO made a PSB, button calls so they both have money invested. Button called an obvious stab so he's not too worried about guys raising from behind. He likely has the nut flush draw or an overpair. Considering his stack size, I wouldn't discount A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Ax either. A large portion of the bad players somehow like to slowplay their aces.

What you really want is for button to either fold or shove on the flop. Even if he shoves with aces, you're a 61/37 favourite. If he folds, you weren't getting any more out of him unless the turn helps him enormously. So you definitely want to get the money in with two cards to come.

The turn shove practically guarantees that you're getting called by big aces only. That was the ugliest card you could see there. Villain might bet worse hands on a stab himself, so CRAI might be good here.

If you shove, only Ax calls and you're a dog. If villain shoves, you're then getting just the odds to chase. Not to mention that if villain indeed had AA here, you were both dying to get the money in before turn any way.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Villain having AA here is a glimmer of a thought.

Putting half the villains stack in on the turn accomplishes the same thing (pendind that villain recognizes that commitment thresholds will be crossed) and doesn't look as much like a monster draw. If he pushes, then you have given yourself odds to call.