Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 PM
RoelofZ RoelofZ is offline
Junior Member

Default Thisisrakeback.net scams me

So i Signed up under thisisrakeback.net for prima rakeback.
I was promised 62%, about a month after signing up they tell me that all this time i was earning just 30% not 62%.
They were also very unclear and took around a week to answer an email.
I would recommend anyone not to singup through this affiliate.

Re: This Is Rakeback: Signing Up For Rakeback
33 messages
info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 10:29 AM
To: Roelof Sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Hey Roelof,
We can offer you %60+ at Purple Lounge depening on your MGR and stakes
you play at. Please email me back and let me know and I can give you a
more accurate deal percentage. Thanks!

-Kale
This is rakeback!

Quoting Roelof Sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>:

> Your Name : Roelof Sasburg
> Your Email Address : rsasburg@gmail.com
> Subject : Signing Up For Rakeback
> Message : Id like rakeback at purple lounge.
> Im getting offered 60% at battlefield so i wont settle with much less.
> Are you currently a member? : No
>

> Visitor Ip: 192.168.2.114

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:32 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hi,
I generally play 1/2-10/20 NL mostly 3/6 and 5/10 with occosional shots at 10/20 or some sessions at lower stakes to get confidance back.
Im not sure what my MGR is i guess around 2000-3000$

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
I can give you about 63 percent at purple lounge thats the highest I
can offer. Let me know what you want to do! Thanks!

-Kale
This is Rakeback.

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 6:01 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hi,

I'd be into this.
Could u send me further instructions

Regards,
Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 4:13 PM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Hey Roelof,
Just go to www.thisisrakeback.com and go to rakeback offers on the
left side. Click on Details/Review under the Purple Lounge and follow
the instructions. Email us back your Player ID and Login ID. Thanks!

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Him

Do i get the 1k bonus as well?

Regards,
Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 4:52 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
I just made an account is it tracked?
[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 5:06 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hi,

My account name is sickboy12
Alias roefish
How do i get paid out the rakeback?

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 2:16 AM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
you get payed directly to your account. Did you deposit yet?

Thanks!
-Kale
This is rakeback

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 3:39 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
hi,

no not yet
[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 1:10 AM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
You are Tracked good luck!

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 4:59 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
hello.

I contacted customer support today and they said i got 30% rakeback.
Whats up with this i thought i had 62%?
Also when do i get paid out?

roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 4:27 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hi,

I emailed purple lounge tdy and they said i have 30%.
Could you please explain all of this infurthr etail.
lsoo when do i get paid?

roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 12:11 AM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Hey Roelof,
Ok so heres the deal. The reason yuor only getting 30% right now is
because your mgr turned out to only be $288.50 which means we only
commisioned from purple lounge is $53.88. Because it is so low i can
only transfer 30% to your account at the end of June. If you have
epassporte I can give you your 63% that we promised, all you need to
do is give me your account to epassporte. Let me know what you want to
do. Thanks!

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 7:46 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hello,

Well i must admit you got me a little worried here.
I was tolld nothing about signing up an epasporte account before and i dont really want since i dont have a credit card and dont want either.
Also it would be so much more convinient to get paid into my account.
Also i dont understand i only paid around 300$ rake it should be in the 500-600$ region.
Id like to just get paid into my account, there is no rush to it but i want 62% no more not less.
I feel a little worried at the moment, so please insure my business is safe here and i wont get less than the money i got promised.

Regards,
Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:53 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hello,

Well on second thought.
If getting epassporte would get me 62% instead of 30% i'd go for it.
So if this is case please tell me.

Regards,

Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 6:07 PM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
We can give you 62% if you do get epassporte for next month. 30%
Rakeback will be put into your account this month do to low MGR. Sorry
we realize you were on vacation but because the MGR was so low we
ourselves have no choice but to do 30% this month. Any more questions
please feel free to ask. Thank You!

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 6:25 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hello,

Ok i accept just getting 30% this month.
However cant the money this month and next month now be paid directly in my account?
What about a 30%/32% thing?

regards,

Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jul 2, 2007 at 8:21 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Hello,

I havent received an answer to my last email but i was wondering if i can deposit money from epassporte onto my purple lounge account.
Also i really hate having to get it so i would really like the conformation that it is ABSOLUTELY nececary to get 62%.

Regards,

Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Tue, Jul 3, 2007 at 1:36 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Well comon

I havent been paid out yet anything i havent received any emails.
If this keeps going on im out of here.
Ive never treated like this by an affiliate before

bye

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jul 4, 2007 at 3:08 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
If i dont have a reply by friday im posting a complaint on twoplustwo.
If anything you should reply my emails.

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Thu, Jul 5, 2007 at 1:25 AM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Sorry for the wait we have been trying to work hard through purple
lounge to see when they are reporting or giving us the money and they
have not answered us yet. We will let you know about the money the
second we find out about it. As for you 62% its works like this purple
lounge only issues up to 30% rakeback but since your mgr is so high
you will be making higher money so we will give you a extra 30% as
long as you maintain that high of an mgr. So a epassporte will most
likely be needed however we may be able to work something else out by
transferring it to you through purple lounge. Again sorry for the wait
and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

-This is Rakeback

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Thu, Jul 5, 2007 at 11:38 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
hi,

So wqhen is payday?
do i have to hurry with getting epassporte?

roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Mon, Jul 9, 2007 at 12:00 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
Ok so I havent have anything paid out yet.
You arent responding to my emails either.
Is this normal service?
[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 1:10 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
So i got piad my rakeback today but i dont feel its 30% maybe 20%-25% tops, how does the rake calculation work?
ALso whats the deal with 1 week wait time for responding to emails?
Also is it possible yet to pay out in my acocunt?
And let say i wait a month or 2-3 for getting epassporte, do i still get the rakeback i am owned, i dont have any rush with getting it just as long as i get it.

Roelof

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 4:53 AM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Quoting roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>:

Hey Roelof,
It's not just you its every Account that went through us with purple
lounge. We are in a conflict with purple lounge about percentages
right now. I'm sorry for the delay but we are desperately trying to
work something out. I will keep you updated on this as we get further
into it. They are doing a new rakeback system
themselves called VIP Point. You can look at it on there site and it
explains everything about it there. I apologize for the inconveniences
but it is something that is unfortunately out of my control at the
moment. We understand your upset and I personally would be too and it
makes us look bad as it is as your not the only one that is signed up
through Purple Lounge with us. Any more questions I will answer them
ASAP.

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
so im only getting 30%?
[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 12:25 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
If i dont get the 62% ik was promised u do realize ill post a complaint about your site being a scam on 2p2.
either Tell me for certain i get less, and pay me the 62% for the period i was tolld id have 62% or just keep giving me 62%.
I dont buy the blame it on the poker site excuse.

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 9:42 PM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Quoting roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>:
If you would like i can send you the emails from purple lounge. I dont
blame you for being upset. If you are going to post on 2p2 I cant stop
you, as for this being a scam its far from that. Like i said before
your not the only one, we had an agreement in with Purple Lounge and
now were in a conflict with them. There were people signed up through
us into Purple Lounge before you and they can understand. I can send
you the emails if you would like between us and Purple Lounge. I'm not
blaming it on the poker site, Purple Lounge is a great site.

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:04 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
So exacctly what is the situation?
[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 5:53 PM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
SO excactly whjat is happening?
i paid 1100$ rake THIS week.
How much rakeback will i be getting for the approx?
just 330$? that would be such a scam.

[Quoted text hidden]

info@thisisrakeback.net <info@thisisrakeback.net> Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 10:10 PM
To: roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>
Quoting roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com>:

Heres exactly what is happening. I will try to explain it as best as
possible as I even am having a hard time understanding. Before the VIP
Program that Purple Lounge put into affect we were making 30% Poker
Commission on our players Poker Revenue. Now with the VIP Program were
only making 5% off your total revenue in June. You yourself are making
%30 which means you actually make more than our Business yourself than
we make on you. Last month you generated as much as you previously
stated and we only got $145 from your total revenue. Basically Purple
Lounge handles there own rakeback program now and we as a business get
the short end of the stick. I agree with you on the scam part, it is
not fair to you what so ever but right now it is out of my control. I
believe they state how they do their VIP Program on the Purple Lounge
site which explains it a lot better than I could but if you want the
emails from Naomi(Affiliate Manager at purple Lounge) it could
possible explain it better from a business side of view.

[Quoted text hidden]

roelof sasburg <rsasburg@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 1:54 AM
To: "info@thisisrakeback.net" <info@thisisrakeback.net>
That didnt answer my question.
Do i get 330$ for 1100$?

[Quoted text hidden]

Om i overreacting?
This will cost me around 1000$ total so im not ammused.
Also i feel like theyve been very unprofessional the whole time.
They obviously blame it on purple lounge so would I in their place.(well no id just pay out)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
RakeTheRake RakeTheRake is offline

Default Re: Thisisrakeback.net scams me

Hey Roelof,

Though this doesnt help you (i'm sorry), this is a classic lesson to all readers and members of this forum, to stick to affiliates you see advertising here.

30% is the cap at Prima, even if you ask for PM's and get offers of 55%/60%, you are always...always risking getting scammed.

Stick to the legitimate offers and you'll almost never get scammed.

This isn't meant to be an "I told you so post" but hopefully your experience will help others

Best wishes

RakeTheRake
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

On top of that the domain is just over a month old and Alexa doesn't have any info on when the site was launched so it must be brand new. Also notice the bogus whois info. Sorry OP, RTR is right. I'm sorry you learned the hard way. A simple whois search would have led you away from this.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 AM
purple-lounge purple-lounge is offline
Junior Member

Location: London

Hi Roelof,

I am greatly alarmed by everything posted here.

Purple Lounge would like to apologise to you and to anyone else who has signed up through this affiliate. Purple Lounge does not offer rakeback deals of any kind, (as is the case with all poker rooms on the Prima network). Unfortunately you have been completely misled by this affiliate.

The affiliate manager for ‘thisisrakeback.net’ is currently contacting Kale about this matter.

A member of our support team will contact you privately to help resolve this matter.

Again I cannot apologise enough for you having signed up and played under false promises.

Zelda
For <font color="purple">Purple Lounge </font>
Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM
RoelofZ RoelofZ is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
Thanks for the responses.
Excactly what kind of deal am i on?
How does the VIp thing work?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
RoelofZ RoelofZ is offline
Junior Member

Id like to say though that purple lounge handled the situation fine.
I had a 1000$ bonus who i had cleared for 550$ at 20rh*$ and they just added the 550$ to my account so i could cashout.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
purple-lounge purple-lounge is offline
Junior Member

Location: London

Thanks for the vote of confidence. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As for the deal you are on, I emailed you earlier to explain all of this. I beleive you have also been speaking to my colleague, Ian about further deals?

Please do let me know if there is anything further I can do for you?

Kind regards

Zelda
Old 07-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Tuco Tuco is offline

Location: get away from me bitch

[ QUOTE ]
Stick to the legitimate offers and you'll almost never get scammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are one or two good rakeback sites that don't advertise here you know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tuco.