Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Why no successor to RRR?

It seems like there would be a demand for a successor to RRR. Even though several have tried to create rakeback directories none of them get hardly any traffic. RRR was a great resource for players and probably good for affiliates as well.

It may just be me but it also seems that traffic in the Affiliate/Rakeback forum here on 2+2 is down as well from what it was a few months ago. Wonder why? Are most players who know about rakeback already getting it?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Why no successor to RRR?

This is only my opinion....

There is less demand for a rakeback directory then a year ago for several reasons.

1. After the buyer of RRR did not keep it going like it had it made affiliates less trustful of directories. I think the issues with Degen are another example of a lack of trust. PIR's ridiculously inflated traffic claims are another example. It will take somebody that is a long time poster but not an affiliate for there to be any trust.

2. Since most of the rooms have created caps everybody offers the same %'s. The only reason to comparison shop now are for extras like freerolls or videos.

3. In the 2+2 community many/most players know who has been around a long time and who is new on the scene. At least half of RRR's referred traffic came from 2+2. As far as RRR advertising it was over 95% of the advertising budget. This forum seems to be a decent, although not complete substitute for RRR. The only advantage RRR had was its saturation of Google on rakeback searches which drew in players that are not familiar with 2+2. If an affiliate can get their own site saturated like RRR was it greatly reduces their need to advertise outside of 2+2.

4. Several large affiliates created their own project to replace RRR.

The traffic is down in here because there has not been a controversy like the CCU mess. If you look at Sniper's post count info you will see how that at least doubled the traffic in A/R.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like there would be a demand for a successor to RRR. Even though several have tried to create rakeback directories none of them get hardly any traffic. RRR was a great resource for players and probably good for affiliates as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I acquired RakeReport.net from Degen and have plans to redesign the site this month.

The biggest complaints I received from affiliates who had listed on the site previously were:

- Cost of listing vs. traffic/clicks received

- Degens bias in running an affiliate business

- Lack of quick updates/changes to listings

Unfortunately I'm not a web coder, but I do have a local friend who is going to build a content management system so I can easily make changes to the site.

While the site is not complete in it's redesign, I've already begun my marketing push with banner ads in some high-profile locations to try and bring in additional traffic.

I am not an affiliate or sub-affiliate, nor am I in any relationships with any. Any business partnerships I may develop in the future will only be with sites that do not compete with listed affiliates (i.e. partnering with poker media, magazine, etc. type businesses)

[/ QUOTE ]
It may just be me but it also seems that traffic in the Affiliate/Rakeback forum here on 2+2 is down as well from what it was a few months ago. Wonder why? Are most players who know about rakeback already getting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the loss of Party and then the whole Neteller fiasco has significantly hurt the market. There's still money to be made for affiliates and players alike, but the golden goose is only laying bronze eggs at the moment.

I believe that eventually the whole issue of online poker legislation will be resolved favorably, and we'll see a nice resurgance of the numbers we had become accustomed too.

Also, I think there's a huge market of poker players out there that still aren't aware of rakeback or propping possiblities, and how much it can add to their bankroll each month (or turn a break-even or slightly losing player into a profitable one). I obviously plan to do everything I can to reach as much of that market segment as possible, while also looking to target high-quality signups as well (i.e. high-volume players rather than oodles of people who generate $2 in MGR and constantly harrass an affiliate for their 60 cents in rakeback each month) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anthony Martino
RakeReport.net
Old 03-12-2007, 12:35 PM

John put it best, with the caps and the recent mistrust for current directories the directory market just isn't as useful as it once was.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It will take somebody that is a long time poster but not an affiliate for there to be any trust.

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up 2 interesting questions...

1. Do the affiliates still believe that a Rakeback Directory is a value added service in the industry?

2. Would the affiliates like to see me start up a truly unbiased Rakeback Directory?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:45 AM

I think that window is sort of over. As John pointed out, all the rooms have caps, so all the affiliates essentially offer the same things. Players need to decide whom to sign up with on either what else they offer and most important, the sites reputation. To many small affiliates cut and run giving the long time affiliates a bad name.

Just my .02 cents
Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To many small affiliates cut and run giving the long time affiliates a bad name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a local friend who does web coding and we're going to be redesigning the forums and hopefully have them ready sometime in April.

A lot of affiliates have expressed an interest in the following:

- Affiliate Feedback Forum (so people can post compliments or complaints)

- Private Messaging (affiliates may have deals that don't fit into their regular listings on my site, or may be able to offer higher percentages than in their regular listing for higher volume players at certain sites, so they'd like to be able to utilize this feature)

Both are high on the list to be included in our forum redesign, as well as just building a community that frequents the forums as well.

I have some ideas on how to accomplish that so we can have return viewers, word of mouth, etc.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
traffic in the Affiliate/Rakeback forum here on 2+2 is down as well from what it was a few months ago

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, traffic in A/R this month has dropped to around 30 posts/day.

Similar to the Bonus forum, I would attribute some of this to the drop in "new" US players post Legislation. Immediately following the legislation, there was a traffic bump with threads related to how this all impacts us. That effect has now died down, and I think we are starting to see the true effects kick in.

On the flipside, overall traffic on 2+2 has increased.

Link to Post Count thread