Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: CAZ mixed games

I think 5-150 mix would be cool. I'd definitely be interested.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:55 AM

I think 5-150 Omaha (high) would be awesome, and I would never leave the place. 5-150 O8, on the other hand I think would have me in tears.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 PM

Well guys, here is my advise...

The Fort is very accommodating, and only a 10-15 drive from CAZ. CAZ is very unlikely to spread a "custom" or requested game. They have no incentive to. The Fort on the other hand, is a grave yard most week nights and weekend days and weekend late nights (after 9-10pm).

The Fort as had an on and off 15/30 mixed going for years. It has been sustained by a small group of players. So we know they are willing.

The question is rather another group of players are willing to start a regular game and keep it going.

Just as an FYI, I have been able to play 5-150 mixed, 5-150 stud hi, Omaha hi and hi/low, HU 10/25-150 basically anything we wanted to play short of draw games. Some floors are more willing than others to allow the games. Oh, and you want the "tougher" players from the Fort in the game [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Perc,
Thanks again, you at all interested in donkin around at a 4/8 or so level a couple times a month? Maybe we could get a semi regular game going once or twice a month, I dunno, sounds like it could be fun, what do the rest of the AZ 2+2ers think?

ps- by the way does the fort spread Pai-gow?LMAO, I am fiending for some Chinese, obv....
Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM

What in the world is 5-150, if someone has a second?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Its a spread limit game, where the better can only bet/raise between $5-150. Common in AZ where state law dictates that no one bet be more than $150.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Keep me posted I'll play a few times a month. Probably wouldn't play any bigger than 15/30. I really don't have much experience playing hi/lo games. I would love to play stud though.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perc,
Thanks again, you at all interested in donkin around at a 4/8 or so level a couple times a month? Maybe we could get a semi regular game going once or twice a month, I dunno, sounds like it could be fun, what do the rest of the AZ 2+2ers think?

ps- by the way does the fort spread Pai-gow?LMAO, I am fiending for some Chinese, obv....

[/ QUOTE ]

Interested, but unsure of availability. I took a real job and have to bring up a new call center in the next 45 days (read very tight schedule).

Assuming I don't get nailed with something with work, I could make Friday nights. I get out the office between 5-7pm and would up for a few hours of white chip fun.

Call it the weekly AZ magoo game, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If we can get enough people (7-10) interested, I will go out and talk to Mike about accommodating our needs.

Pai-gow, ya right, keep dreaming, even if half the dealers and floor know the game.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 PM

Perc, sounds like a plan, Fridays are fine for me, count me in. PM me if you need any help with your real job, I have plenty of spare time, and would be glad to help if needed.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 AM

Would be interested in a mixed game with limits up to $5/10. Presume the game would be a variation of horse.