Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Big razz pot

Seat 5 is bigfacecat. Seat 1 is nadremark. I reraised partly because bigfacecat sometimes raises loose. Comments?
Razz ($15/$30), Ante $3, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (13.73 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (9.87 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (12.87 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (15.87 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

Total pot: (17.87 BB - $536)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $536 | Rake $3

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

</font>
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Big razz pot

Comment? How about:

You have my sympathy.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM

I'm puzzled by why you're raising Bigface here, but didn't like a similar raise made by Chipsahoya in this thread. Given there are some differences, in that he had a 7 showing in his hand, but you'd also have a very narrow range of hole cards here to raise even a laggy player who completed in ep.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraised partly because bigfacecat sometimes raises loose

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of even better reasons why a raise is correct, his looseness is just one factor.

4th street is critical. Your guaranteed to be raised by seat 1 almost always. You need 10:1 or better to call here AFTER the action on the street is complete (I prefer not factoring implied odds but there is some argument for that)if we know that seat 1 is going to raise 80% of the time then you are getting odds of 17.73:2. Then when we factor seat 5's probably going to cap again like he did on 3rd street then this hand should go instantly in the muck, do not call seat 5's bet.

From 5th on its played correctly, you cant fold until the river because the pot is so large.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm puzzled by why you're raising Bigface here, but didn't like a similar raise made by Chipsahoya in this thread. Given there are some differences, in that he had a 7 showing in his hand, but you'd also have a very narrow range of hole cards here to raise even a laggy player who completed in ep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like reraising with a 7 showing and the raise was into a bunch of low cards and there were low cards to act. In that case, I see the point in doing it as an isolation, but anyone to act who can beat a 7 probably jams.

Here, bigfacecat is a good LAG player raising into 2 low cards. I have seen him do that with very marginal hands. If I was the only low card to act, it would be an automatic reraise. I don't reraise a lot, preferring to underplay my hands, but I also might reraise here is an 8 low if it was concealed and my cards were live.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't like reraising with a 7 showing and the raise was into a bunch of low cards and there were low cards to act. In that case, I see the point in doing it as an isolation, but anyone to act who can beat a 7 probably jams.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is a little risky because of the door cards behind, but his hand is pretty live and not going to be much of an underdog to any 3-card hand. Also, more of a reason to isolate when players behind him are getting good odds to come in with a rough 7, 3-card 8, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
Here, bigfacecat is a good LAG player raising into 2 low cards. I have seen him do that with very marginal hands. If I was the only low card to act, it would be an automatic reraise. I don't reraise a lot, preferring to underplay my hands, but I also might reraise here is an 8 low if it was concealed and my cards were live.

[/ QUOTE ]
He is completing with A,7,A,A behind him. Even bigface is likely to have a hand here.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:37 PM

Do you think the reraise is bad or just inconsistant with my earlier comments about reraising with a 7 showing? I sometimes flat call here. My 3rd street play is pretty unpredictable, and I think that is good.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the reraise is bad or just inconsistant with my earlier comments about reraising with a 7 showing? I sometimes flat call here. My 3rd street play is pretty unpredictable, and I think that is good.

[/ QUOTE ] I think it's more inconsistent than bad. It's ok to raise since you're probably a small equity fave HU (and you can't anticipate a MW pot here), but you add more unpredictability with a smooth call.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your guaranteed to be raised by seat 1 almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong

[ QUOTE ]
You need 10:1 or better to call here AFTER the action on the street is complete

[/ QUOTE ]
ridiculous

[ QUOTE ]
(I prefer not factoring implied odds but there is some argument for that)

[/ QUOTE ]
horrible

[ QUOTE ]
if we know that seat 1 is going to raise 80% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
evidence please

[ QUOTE ]
then you are getting odds of 17.73:2. Then when we factor seat 5's probably going to cap again like he did on 3rd street then this hand should go instantly in the muck, do not call seat 5's bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
weak, tight, wrong

[ QUOTE ]
From 5th on its played correctly, you cant fold until the river because the pot is so large.

[/ QUOTE ]
very good analysis
Old 11-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Seat 5 apparently paired on 4th, which is why he didn't jam. I didn't expect seat 1 to raise 4th with a 9.

Seat 1 cold 3-bet 3rd with A28 apparently.

Here are the results.

Seat 1: nadremark showed [Jh 8c Ah 9s Kc 3h 2h] and lost with 9,8,3,2,A
Seat 2: HoyaSDaxa folded on 3rd St.
Seat 3: Scallion1 folded on 3rd St.
Seat 4: Hooey is sitting out
Seat 5: BigFaceCat showed [6h 5c 2d 5s Ks 9h 3c] and won ($533) with 9,6,5,3,2
Seat 6: prada_vegas folded on 3rd St.
Seat 7: jps-dk001 folded on 3rd St.
Seat 8: betgo folded on 7th St.