Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

Amazing work by dan druff to put all the pieces together.

Also, NH bonuswhores for blacklisting Abso.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Absolute & KGC .... KGC & Absolute..... Absolute is KGC .... KGC IS ABSOLUTE !!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM

Is it possible that the cheater would need a different client, the one from the alfa or beta testing too? Or that you'd have to log in to another server, the one where the "master HH's" are stored? I'm just guessing here.

I wonder if it would be as simple as downloading the current Absolute client, filling out the user name and password of User 363, and bingo, hole card cam?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM

Regarding the superuser account having the ID 363, it is more than likely that this account was created in the alpha stage. I have done software development and it is not uncommon to have hundreds of accounts created before beta to test the system.

Regarding the MSN email address, it is also not unlikely that this is the original programmer's email address. It could be someone who was hired to create the software for an as-yet-to-be-named company, soon to become Absolute. If you email that MSN address, you might actually get a response from a programmer who remembers building a poker application years ago. Note that I am not suggesting that this email address belongs to the cheater.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM

I asked a family friend who is a lawyer to look at this a little bit, here is his conclusion. Do we have any questions for him?

I have had a couple of clients that dealt with on-line gaming and had websites of this nature.

My legal opinion confirmed that when someone establishes on-line gaming sites and invites visitors to play, they are committing an illegal offence under the criminal code.

As a result, I want to let you know a couple of things:

1) doubtful that you will recoup any monies unless you had the backing and support of the Procureur General du Quebec which represents the government
2) difficult for you to sue for damages since on-line gaming is illegal
3) If you decide to sue, you will have to probably do so via a class action lawsuit with one representive representing an entire group....if this is done, then maybe you will be taken a little more seriously, however, you are probably dealing with shaddy people and with shaddy people comes shaddy troubles to which they have no urge to conform to any laws..
4) If it represents the Khanawake reserve and commission, they might be excluded from conforming to the laws of Canada because they are an indian reserve and have exemptions under the laws of Canada.

hope this helps,,,but I am sure that it raises more questions...

later,

XXX
Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I asked a family friend who is a lawyer to look at this a little bit, here is his conclusion. Do we have any questions for him?

I have had a couple of clients that dealt with on-line gaming and had websites of this nature.

My legal opinion confirmed that when someone establishes on-line gaming sites and invites visitors to play, they are committing an illegal offence under the criminal code.

As a result, I want to let you know a couple of things:

1) doubtful that you will recoup any monies unless you had the backing and support of the Procureur General du Quebec which represents the government
2) difficult for you to sue for damages since on-line gaming is illegal
3) If you decide to sue, you will have to probably do so via a class action lawsuit with one representive representing an entire group....if this is done, then maybe you will be taken a little more seriously, however, you are probably dealing with shaddy people and with shaddy people comes shaddy troubles to which they have no urge to conform to any laws..
4) If it represents the Khanawake reserve and commission, they might be excluded from conforming to the laws of Canada because they are an indian reserve and have exemptions under the laws of Canada.

hope this helps,,,but I am sure that it raises more questions...

later,

XXX

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow ultra-depressing.

Has anyone contacted the PPA about this. I know that they're spending all of there time trying to legalize poker in the US but this seems like an issue that they would need to get involved in.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM

NORAD stood down for this whole tournament? Why???
Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 AM

What I replied to him was a question as to how online gaming is illegal.

How can they advertise on TV for an illegal game? I don't get that. Also if gambling online is not illegal then by them stealing our monies, they commited a violation gainst the criminal code. Indians or not its illegal.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I replied to him was a question as to how online gaming is illegal.

How can they advertise on TV for an illegal game? I don't get that. Also if gambling online is not illegal then by them stealing our monies, they commited a violation gainst the criminal code. Indians or not its illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only advertise play money games, counting on people to be clever enough to replace .net by .com on them selves.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from dan druff in that thread

[ QUOTE ]
Actually there was a very good reason for me to Jew up the staff there.

[/ QUOTE ]

and now I remember why I don't post on neverwin poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Dan Druff making a joke about his own race. ZOMG TERRIBLE. I THINK ONCE I SAW A BOOBIE ON TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews are not a "race". Judaism is a religion.
Closed Thread