Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Party $2/$4 LHE AQ suited; Flop TPTK vs 2 slow players

This is my first time posting a hand. I'm an enthusiastic recreational player trying to improve.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players

I had just joined this table in the BB, so not much info on the players. I saw the flop in all three of the previous hands.
--BB I checked A6, flopped an ace and went to showdown, lost.
--Raised in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folded before showdown.
--Raised on button with KK, no callers after the turn.
I figured I looked like a maniac.

Data on players:
--UTG: 3 hands, this is the first he's played
--MP1: 186 hands, 30/5.4/1.0
--BB: 5 hands, 40/0/1.5

Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(5.5:2)</font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(17.5:1)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB Caps</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(23.5:1)</font>.

Getting delay raised by two people? I've a real bad feeling at this point.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls <font color="#aaaaaa">(15.25:1)</font>.

The FH draw is nice.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (16.25BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero? <font color="#aaaaaa">(18.25:1)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: 19.25BB

Too much detail in the post?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Party $2/$4 LHE AQ suited; Flop TPTK vs 2 slow players

I probably would let it go on the turn, or maybe even when the BB woke up and capped it. The turn for sure, and the river there is no way you can call.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:18 AM

I fold the turn, on the flop, I guess you have to call one more each time, but on the turn, at least one of them has a straight, and at best, you have 5 outs for a boat.

The river is a really easy fold.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:23 AM

Initially I agreed with folding on the turn, but you're getting odds even assuming one of your opponents holds a Q, so you have to call. The river is an easy fold.

The flop disaster (facing two at any point during the betting, you <u>fold</u>) could have been avoided if you had 3-bet preflop.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:36 AM

I don't think AQs 3bets here preflop. As it is I do the same on the flop. Maybe fold to the cap. The turn yeah, I agree with the others.

JT
Old 03-31-2006, 09:51 AM

A 3-bet gives is for value, the button, possibly control and definitely information on the flop. When your opponents ignore your flop raise after a pf 3-bet, well, they ain't concerned about what you might have, so you can fold easier. I also bet the action doesn't unfold the same way, allowing you to fold easier either on the flop or the turn.

You have to call the turn bet. You're getting 15.25:1 and even assuming an opponent is holding a Q you have a 3/46 chance of filling up on the river. Obviously you're going against a straight, so you'll win multiple bets on the river, giving you implied odds to call on top of your actual odds to call.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:51 AM

fold. on. the. turn.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:58 AM

Granted, maybe we shouldn't have gotten here, but now that we are, we must call the turn. It's +EV. Period.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Granted, maybe we shouldn't have gotten here, but now that we are, we must call the turn. It's +EV. Period."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you actually suspect that one of the opponents are holding a Q then the probability of getting a house is 3/45 (not 3/46 since another Q is out), that is, your odds of improving to a house are 14 to 1. And now, five4suited, you probably think that since the pot is offering you 15.25 to 1 you have a clear call, but you don't since in this case you are only going to split the pot with the other person holding a Q. So your pot odds are actually more like 7.625 to 1 and that makes it a clear fold (if you think that another opponent is also holding a Q).

My first post :-).
Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to call the turn bet. You're getting 15.25:1 and even assuming an opponent is holding a Q you have a 3/46 chance of filling up on the river. Obviously you're going against a straight, so you'll win multiple bets on the river, giving you implied odds to call on top of your actual odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking at the time. Last position, call one bet, hope I get bet into if I improve and don't have to split.

Thanks all.