Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: New SH-player seeking multiple advise

Hand 3 depends. 1/2 is full of passive players who rarely checkraise the flop without something good. Naturally that's an easy fold.

But theoretically speaking folding KT and all worse hands you might have is folding way too many hands and is easily exploitable. Especially with a decent backdoor you need to see the turn against a tough or merely laggy opponent.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:43 PM

Default Re: New SH-player seeking multiple advise

First of all thanks to all for the valuable feedback.

To mvoss:
Regarding hand 3 and the flop call. In HEFAP Sklansky and Malmuth say that in HU play you should disregard the highest card and play a long as it wasn't there (or make it a 2). That means that I should play as if I pretty much have two overcards which is 6 outs. However, there is more value to that hand - I have a backdoor straight draw with one gap which in SSHE is estimated to about 1 out. That gives me 7 outs and I have 7.5:1 pot odds which makes it a clear call. Of course now we could argue that we should discount some outs - in this case maybe 1. Still that makes it a call.
Furthermore my impression of this guy was LAG so I guess it made the call even easier.